Object damage modification

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Sunndae

Object damage modification

Post by Sunndae »

Hello all,

I have a question regarding some issues i have with certain vehicles which i took from mods and have put on my map. Some cars (it is a jeeprace map) do not receive any damage when crashing into another car. Ive tried changing the objects.con files that i use for the vehicles but have noticed not a single change even tho i changed all the stats(straight copy from kubelwagen stats). Same thing with changing the physics.con file. Am i looking into the wrong files or what am I doing wrong does anyone have an idea?.

Its been a while since ive been working on this map or been modding at all so please excuse any basics i might have forgot to mention.
Swaffy

Re: Object damage modification

Post by Swaffy »

(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Sunndae

Post by Sunndae »

Thanks man thats very helpfull. I already figured it had got to do with the collision mesh but didnt know where to find it. Thanks a lot i will find my way through it :D
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Make sure that

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.hasArmor
is set to 1.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

That is a mesh problem. I had the same problem when I ripped the king tiger from Forgotten Hope. (you can find the thread under "make a request") The problem was the King Tiger got destroyed by anything from the front (I put a BAR on it and it blew up!) and the back was invincible. The solution is get Gmax, use the MDT to install the tools, then open the mesh. mess around with it first to get familiar with it, and find the mesh that effects vehicle collision damage, collision mesh 1 If it has projectile damage issues, edit collision mesh 2.

this is MDT mesh tutorial'
http://bfmods.com/mdt/Tutorials/Standar ... index.html

this is MDT vanilla/expansion pack collision materials,
http://bfmods.com/mdt/Tutorials/Damage% ... egrid.html

hope that helped.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

did 2 posts pop up right before I posted that? wow.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Anything helps I guess! XD
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Sunndae

Post by Sunndae »

Many thanks to you also Vilespring it is very helpfull :!:
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Also, if you feel it still needs a damage buff after fixing the collision meshes, you can use this command to alter how much damage an object does to another on impact. (doesn't necessarily have to be a PCO)

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.damageMod 1
It's a float value. Higher numbers increase collision damage, smaller numbers decrease it.

For example the guided AA missiles in DesertCombat use this command. ;) (it's not used in the vanilla files)

I don't think this will have much effect on "defending" objects. For example, you try to use this on a house or fence. I haven't used it in that way, thus not sure if it will work like that. But for an "attacking" object like a vehicle moving and colliding with another, then this command directly impacts how much damage occurs.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Sunndae

Post by Sunndae »

It is a nice command thanks for the reply. I have tried a few times but yet it didnt have the effect I hoped for. What happened was fun tho, especially when i put it on 200 for a certain car: when just slightly touching another car that car would explode instantly :shock: .

The car in question however didnt receive any more damage in the collision, just from the explosion effect. I could add this command into the other car files ofcourse but then collisions between them would add too much damage.

I think it is a mesh problem because the car ive tried doesnt receive any damage from what you called "defending" objects.