128 Planes map [UPDATED - 'GIANT FLIGHT MAP']

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
fo0k

Re: The 128 Planes map by fo0k

Post by fo0k »

old thread revival...

was just googleing 'resourceManager.memoryLimit' to see what it does.. and it brought me here.

I guess we don't know.. or .. Apache?
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

fo0k wrote:old thread revival...

was just googleing 'resourceManager.memoryLimit' to see what it does.. and it brought me here.

I guess we don't know.. or .. Apache?
Did you try giving it a value in game? Like 512, 1024, 2048? Was there any noticeable difference?
See my Strasbourg map project here.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

yeah I was about to.. but thought id see if there were any facts floating out there
fo0k

Re: 128 Planes map [UPDATED WITH AI]

Post by fo0k »

I have updated the first post with the Ai enabled version of the map.
better plane choice also.. can now cruise forever with k....

If someone could get the Ai doing useful things that would be cool ???
Some long range artillery going that could be the way to go.. send out scouts in planes to find them

Maybe it will run better these days for people
al13326

Re: 128 Planes map [UPDATED]

Post by al13326 »

Unfortunately though, the file was corrupted when I extract the .rar file (using 7zip) and it doesn't showed up from the maplist in vanilla's Create Game menu, specifically Coop.
"My God, there were airplanes all over the sky, and most of them had red meatballs on their wings!"

1st Lt. James "Zeke" E. Swett; VMF-221, USMC
April 7, 1943
fo0k

Re: 128 Planes map [UPDATED]

Post by fo0k »

al13326 wrote:Unfortunately though, the file was corrupted when I extract the .rar file (using 7zip) and it doesn't showed up from the maplist in vanilla's Create Game menu, specifically Coop.
Ok, I have changed it up a bit..
Have renamed the map to 'giant_flight_map' just to avoid any server issues with numbers in the file name.

Please download it again: http://www.bfmods.com/maps

I have setup a public server running this map : 173.199.75.25:14567 : https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... .25:14567/

If someone wants to take on the task of turning this into a full arena of warfare.. then I can provide server login details so you can test.
al13326

Post by al13326 »

fo0k wrote:Ok, I have changed it up a bit..
Have renamed the map to 'giant_flight_map' just to avoid any server issues with numbers in the file name.

Please download it again: http://www.bfmods.com/maps

I have setup a public server running this map : 173.199.75.25:14567 : https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... .25:14567/

If someone wants to take on the task of turning this into a full arena of warfare.. then I can provide server login details so you can test.
It works very well now, thanks! ;)
Swaffy wrote:Wow, that really is a high-poly model. Is it a P-51b or P-51c Mustang? It definitely doesn't have the air scoop traits of the "a" model.

The canopy seems to "bubbly", you can see here how it's fairly flat along the canopy's topside.
LongLinkURL
Very late response but it's actually a P-51C Mustang with Malcolm hood taken from Spitfires which gives the pilot a partially good visibility as compared to the original hinged canopy from the P-51B and the early production of P-51C Mustangs.
http://www.aerofiles.com/malcolm-hood.html
"My God, there were airplanes all over the sky, and most of them had red meatballs on their wings!"

1st Lt. James "Zeke" E. Swett; VMF-221, USMC
April 7, 1943
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

al13326 wrote: It works very well now, thanks! ;)
Great, thanks.

The shaking of weapons in game I guess is down to floating point accuracy in such a large play area.. but I'm not certain of that. It's a small bug but perhaps theres a fix for it?

also added video showing 128 planes spawned (gliding without pilot) to the first post.
Diamondback

Re: 128 Planes map [UPDATED - 'GIANT FLIGHT MAP']

Post by Diamondback »

Someone call the FHSW Europe guys to get that Dora rail cannon in here!

We really need an event on this map. Like really. I’m thinking a massive air battle with spawnable B17s and C47s vs Ju88As
See my Strasbourg map project here.
GoodDayToDie!!

Re: 128 Planes map [UPDATED - 'GIANT FLIGHT MAP']

Post by GoodDayToDie!! »

Good to see you back fo0k.