ObjectTemplate.SetInputId

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Coroner47

ObjectTemplate.SetInputId

Post by Coroner47 »

Anyone know exactly what this does? Its usually set to "-1" after an effect is addtemplated to a handfirearm.

edit: ok what exactly does this setting do also?
"ObjectTemplate.SetStartOnEffects 1"

edit: (sigh) go another one! "ObjectTemplate.SetWeaponLink"

edit: yup another question. why is this attached to "grenadeallies" .... "ObjectTemplate.VelocityDependentOnHeat 1"
Pray hard, die fast
freddy

Post by freddy »

SetWeaponLink i think is that you can let two weapons share the same mag, i think the engineers in fh use it for the "grenade" launcher they can put on there rifles, its like when you need a rifle with "more weapons" witch you cant do then you build two identically rifles with different armoring so to speak and let them share the main mag, a lill workaround kinda

VelocityDependentOnHeat 1 well thats the right click where you can throw the grenade longer depending how long you hold the button down

you can put the heat code on mines to for example (works ssm)
Dennis|8749236

Re: ObjectTemplate.SetInputId

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

ObjectTemplate.SetStartOnEffects 1
This code is telling the Engine: This effect will be start automaticly if its exist in the map..
anywhere anytime..
and i think what does Input ID do is ture or false, maybe, if u change the value to 1 the effect will be always on..
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

The setStartOnEffects and the unused setStopOnEffects tells the effect bundle what situation will activate it. As it turns out the numbers used are the same as BF2. So you can open BF2Editor, edit an effect that uses these codes and get a list of possible settings with BF2Editor by modifing the that code from a drop down pane.

For example, you can have an effect start when it is added to an engine and the engine activates and turn off when the engine turns off (aka, the driver leaves the vehicle):

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.setStartOnEffects 32
ObjectTemplate.setStopOnEffects 64
setStopOnEffects tells the game when to turn off the effect. This code was not used in vanilla BF1942.

My engine exhaust effects in my BFHeroes mod uses those to great effect. :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Dennis|8749236

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

plane exhaust..
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
Swaffy

Re:

Post by Swaffy »

SetWeaponLink

Connects the ammunition use of two weapons in the same weapon kit.
Both weapons must have the same number of mags and mag size.

Example:
- I have an MP5SD in slot 3 and 2. The MP5SD in slot 3 is fully automatic, and the MP5SD in slot 2 is semi-automatic.
- The mag size is 30, number of clips are 5.
- I fire four rounds from the full-auto MP5SD in slot 3, resulting in having 27 bullets left in the clip.
- When I switch to slot 2, the semi-auto MP5SD will also have 27 bullets left with the same number of mags.
- When I reload, the mag count goes down on both weapons.

That's as clear as I can get for now.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

VelocityDependentOnHeat 1

This is used on grenades in the vanilla BF1942, but can be used on any handweapon.
The longer you hold the "zoom in" button [right-click], the faster the projectile velocity will be.

If I have a rocket launcher with a rocket that is affected by gravity, I can use this line to determine the speed of the rocket. So I can sit behind a wall, fire it slowly up into the air, and have the rocket fall down on the other side of the wall.

Yep. I drew this.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™