Hidden mod for bf1942

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
trinlmin127

Re: Hidden mod for bf1942

Post by trinlmin127 »

I edited the serversettings.con and changed the following values to 0. It gets rid of nametags while playing on a local server. I'm struggling to find a way to disable or move nametags on the mod i'm working on, since there is no settings folder. Anyone know ?

game.serverNameTagDistance 50
game.serverNameTagDistanceScope 300
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

trinlmin127 wrote:I edited the serversettings.con and changed the following values to 0. It gets rid of nametags while playing on a local server. I'm struggling to find a way to disable or move nametags on the mod i'm working on, since there is no settings folder. Anyone know ?

game.serverNameTagDistance 50
game.serverNameTagDistanceScope 300
Just change those values to 0 everytime you fire up your mod with Dedicated Server or Server Manager. Is your mod defined in the ''Mods'' folder, or it's just a small patch you threw in the stock RFA files?
See my Strasbourg map project here.
trinlmin127

Post by trinlmin127 »

Okay thanks. But would this work against nametag hackers. I was looking for a way to effectively deal with this problem, but i'm not sure using this setting will stop hackers from using the health and nametag hack. I thought moving the nametags to a very high position using "nametagoffset" would be more effective.

I'm also trying to advance on ApacheThunders mod for disabling the minimap + the fullscreen map, which would make the minimap hack useless. Any help appreciated, i've been tearing my hair out with this.
freddy

Post by freddy »

there seem to be some settings for bots that limits there visibility range on the map/minimap, maybe you could use that code and set it to 0