assets from expansions for map creating

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Crash42modder

Re: assets from expansions for map creating

Post by Crash42modder »

I use winrfa and simply "unzip" the textures.rfa from a mod, the objects.rfa etc etc etc to get access to those things.
jdc527

Post by jdc527 »

For specific objects like the tunnel from eagles nest, how do we go about grabbing and adding all the needed files? I’ve tried it twice now and it’ll never show up textured right in bc42 and nothing loads in game. Please advise.
jdc527

Post by jdc527 »

Crash42modder wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:31 am I use winrfa and simply "unzip" the textures.rfa from a mod, the objects.rfa etc etc etc to get access to those things.
Is that an easy way to get objects to be placeable and visible?
Or what are you talking about exactly?
jdc527

Post by jdc527 »

Crash42modder wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:31 am I use winrfa and simply "unzip" the textures.rfa from a mod, the objects.rfa etc etc etc to get access to those things.
Is that an easy way to get objects to be placeable and visible?
Or what are you talking about exactly?
jdc527

Post by jdc527 »

Anyone have any ideas on why objects are appearing in bc42 but not in game. I have manually set the init to have run objects/objects from the decompressed rfa and repacked it. More complex items like the eagle nest tunnel and top snow don’t show, but even simple buildings like the Italy tower from the example don’t ever appear.