Need Help Remembering Hp To Replace DC Vehicles w RFA

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Deathrow Bo Dean

Need Help Remembering Hp To Replace DC Vehicles w RFA

Post by Deathrow Bo Dean »

Hello All. I'd like get some help remembering just how to change the Helicopters in Desert Combat from medical copters to the AH64(Apache Longbow). I use to be able to do that very easely in the early 2000's with Win RFA. by just making an edit on the levels object spawn's template for the gamestype that I wanted to edit. But I'm missing a step of something. Here is what I'm doing. But i'm missing a step or something.

! I made a backup copy of my BF1942 Game folder in order to keep my original pure. (I do have custom mods like DCX, DC, DC Extended abd GC in this original )
2.I made a new folder named Workshop on my desktop.
3.Uueing RFA I navigated into the BF1942 mods folder to the DC mods level folder named Tobruk.
useing RFA I selected the Single player objexts Spawns template and opened it.
4. I extracted that .rfa file to my workshop folder and made the edit.
On the Allies base ther is only one helicopter. It is a medical copter. I just wish to change it to the AH64.

Here is where I'm getting lost or missing something:
after making my edit I think that I should save the edit and pack the .rfa
5. When I choose Pack A Directory option asks me for the Source Directory and the Base Path inorder to pack the .rfa I don't know what to put in these two boxes.

Can someone please help me.

P.s. If there is a simpler way to do this operation, please tell me. Or point me to a link.
Thank's DBD
Can
Crash42modder

Re: Need Help Remembering Hp To Replace DC Vehicles w RFA

Post by Crash42modder »

I do more modding work in 1942, but usually the root folder has to be 1942. The other one is just where you want to save it.
-=PFC=- Kampfsau

Re: Need Help Remembering Hp To Replace DC Vehicles w RFA

Post by -=PFC=- Kampfsau »

The easiest way is to unzip the entire map into a folder of your choice. Then you make the changes you want to make in the respective con file. Then you pack the entire folder back to your map
As an an example:
Source directory:
E: \ bf1942_Mapping \ your_folder \ bf1942
Base path:
bf1942

Kampfsau