One problem with Invasion of the Philippines

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
andoodle

One problem with Invasion of the Philippines

Post by andoodle »

Excuse me, guys.

I have a problem with the Invasion of the Philippines map. As you know, I added Single-Player support, from BattleGroup42, for said map (I did that for my personal use only). The last time I mentioned this, I had problems with adding the AI capability to the PT boats, but this time, what I am currently going through is different. Whenever I start the map from Instant Action and select a soldier class, I noticed that the bots do nothing. Of course, one thing I can do is to download the Merciless 1942 mod, install it, and copy the single-player files from its Invasion of the Philippines map and paste them in my personal mod's Invasion of the Philippines map (I will do that for my personal use). Other than that, I do not know what to do. If there is a single-player version of that map available as a .zip file, then I will download that as well.
Vilespring

Re: One problem with Invasion of the Philippines

Post by Vilespring »

The reason is the map doesn't have a bot-map, so the bots have nothing to follow.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
andoodle

Post by andoodle »

Vilespring wrote:The reason is the map doesn't have a bot-map, so the bots have nothing to follow.
All right, I'll look into it. However, I wish to know what a "bot-map" is, just in case I forget. Thanks.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

The map Invasion of the Philippines was not made with AI compatibility. There were no pathfinding/smallones files, conditions, prerequisites, etc.

I got myself a version of this map with certain edits that allow a better flow through the map for bots. For example, between islands there are landbridges that allow the bots to walk in the water without swimming.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
andoodle

Post by andoodle »

Swaffy wrote:The map Invasion of the Philippines was not made with AI compatibility. There were no pathfinding/smallones files, conditions, prerequisites, etc.

I got myself a version of this map with certain edits that allow a better flow through the map for bots. For example, between islands there are landbridges that allow the bots to walk in the water without swimming.
Well, I have added the "pathfinding" files (from BattleGroup42) to it yesterday, so that the AI would respond properly. Note: I did that for my personal use only. I am sorry for any confusion that I may have caused.