My personal mod crashes to desktop

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
andoodle

My personal mod crashes to desktop

Post by andoodle »

Excuse me, guys.

I have one thing to say regarding my personal mod. Sometime ago, I downloaded the "GameSpy" patch for Battlefield 1942, so that I would be prepared for when the online servers for that game shut down tomorrow. Subsequently, when I start my personal mod, and whenever it goes to the main menu, it runs fine. Unfortunately, whenever I start a map and wait for it to load properly, it would crash to desktop. What should I do? I wish to know. Thanks.
one

Re: My personal mod crashes to desktop

Post by one »

Run your mod with a debugger (bf1942_r.exe), let it crash and attach a log (from "logs" folder) here
andoodle

Post by andoodle »

Well, what I have been meaning to say is that my mod crashes to desktop after loading it via the debugger, but in the nighttime hours of the morning, I discovered that my personal mod works properly through the normal, "GameSpy"-patched version of Battlefield 1942, not through the debugger. Also, I already got the vanilla game to run in windowed mode, which was necessary in selecting my personal mod from the "Custom Game" menu. I am sorry for causing any confusion, if at all.
freddy

Post by freddy »

If you mean that it crash when you host it from your game via the "create game" button, then check the file "ServerSettings.con" located in Mods/bf1942/Settings

look for "game.serverIP" and compare the IP to the one on your computer. You can use "game.serverIP 0.0.0.0"
andoodle

Post by andoodle »

Well, freddy, what I meant was that whenever I start the debugger and load single-player maps on it, it crashes to desktop.
freddy

Post by freddy »

andoodle wrote:Well, freddy, what I meant was that whenever I start the debugger and load single-player maps on it, it crashes to desktop.
Ah okay. Its the same here when i try now. It worked before, dont know when or why this happened.