Problems with afr_wall_* objects, colors and lightmap..

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
duffman

Problems with afr_wall_* objects, colors and lightmap..

Post by duffman »

I have been working on a map for Desert Combat mod for a while and the map is almost complete, but I am having some issues with some of the objects. It seems like most of the afr_wall_* models doesnt want to play nice (afr_wall_corner_2m_m1, afr_wall_5m_m1).

I don't know much about 3D modelling (only recently got hold of 3ds max 8, and never used it before). To better illustrate the problem, I have added some screenshots. The overall difference in the colour of the wall is acceptable, but the corner section as highlighted is pretty bad. I have been thinking of simply changing that area by crashing a vehicle in there, and dropping some boxes around (remove the bad objects all together).

From what I have gathered from this forum it might be missing uvmaps? samplesmaker just crashes on these objects (have no object lightmap). Maybe someone can guide me a bit on this one? How do I fix the objects? someone already done it? or just do a workaround? (or did I stuff something up..)

Last edited by duffman on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apache Thunder

Re: Problems with afr_wall_* objects, colors and lightmap..

Post by Apache Thunder »

Looks to me like those objects don't have working UVMaps for the lightmap channel. Due to this, the game engine falls back to using the materialDiffuse and other settings in the RS file for those meshes to define the brightness/color of the ambience of the object. Looks like the DC guys were messy and didn't use the same settings for all the wall pieces.

I can't find these objects in vanilla BF1942 or DC/DC Final, so send the objects to me via PM, I can add a working lightmap uv map and provide samples files (I will also fix the RS settings so that they should appear the same when not lightmapped) so that you can lightmap them. :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!