Exporting from 3ds max i get no .sm file. Clues?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
pv das florestas

Exporting from 3ds max i get no .sm file. Clues?

Post by pv das florestas »

Hi. Thank you for hearing my problem, wich is that when i try to export a model from 3ds max into .sm format, i only get the .rs file. The .sm file never shows up on the folder i exported it to.

Im using the updated plugins i think Senshi made(thanks for that), and it seems to work fine other than the issue im having. Can import models no problem. I first tried it in Max 11 and then on Max 10 but had the same thing happen.

I get no crash or anything. The file just doesnt show up (the .rs file does, just the .sm doesnt). Any clues on what may be going on? I dont know what more information to give...

I tried exporting it using all the different options. Tried exporting just a mesh. Tried using a complete one with properly named meshes for shadow, lod, bbox etc. I dont know what else i can try.
Last edited by pv das florestas on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BotHunter

Re: Exporting from 3ds max i get no .sm file. Clues?

Post by BotHunter »

This happened to me awhile back, try making a simple box mesh and exporting it. See if that works. If it does, then it is the mesh you are trying to export. But if not, then it is the program.
Walk quietly and carry a sniper rifle
exe

Post by exe »

I had this problem when I first started using 3ds max, see my topic here: http://bfmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1234&p=8604#p8604

Solution on 2nd page.
pv das florestas

Post by pv das florestas »

Thanks exe, your topic solved the issue. I was saving to a simple folder with no weird characters, but 3ds max was installed in a folder called "programas sérios zap". After installing it in a different place it worked first try.

Weird problem which would have taken ages to figure out probably, so thanks a bunch. Also sorry for reposting this, if i had searched it properly this post would have been avoided. First time i did this, i guess out of anxiety trying to export my first model :mrgreen:

Cheers!