Is it possible?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
trinlmin127

Is it possible?

Post by trinlmin127 »

Last edited by trinlmin127 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apache Thunder

Re: IS IT POSSIBLE ?

Post by Apache Thunder »

It's not possible to disable/alter existing animations in a map side mod. However if you are creating a mod or making a edited version of an existing mod, it's indeed possible to disable prone entirely. Check out my Battlefield Heroes'42 mod to see how it's done. That mod has prone removed. (though you can still crouch) It's basically done by remming out all the animation tweaks for all the handweapons that reference the prone animations and also removing the prone animation state.

The core animation state for prone I don't think can't be removed without causing a CTD, but since no handweapons have it as a result of remming out the animation tweak codes for them, prone is essentially disabled. You could in theory prevent prone only for specific weapons if you want.

Also, I've edited your thread title so that it's not all caps. It's generally frowned upon to use all caps in a thread title for most forums, so I will be enforcing that here as well. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!