SpawnDelayAtStart boolean

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Old Man River

SpawnDelayAtStart boolean

Post by Old Man River »

I am trying to get a vehicle to delay spawning after the game starts (vehicle supplys spawn points), I have tried using SpawnDelayAtStart 1 with a SpawnDelay 120, but this code doesn't seem to work at all no matter what I do. value is a boolean 0 normally in BF1942 but Boolean 1 doesnt work ?

Tried searching through posts without finding any answers to this code, and as map is Britain I cant use a flag capture as trigger
Last edited by Old Man River on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
freddy

Re: SpawnDelayAtStart boolean

Post by freddy »

Have you tried SpawnDelayAtStart 120 ? sometimes the MDT site mix it up
Old Man River

Post by Old Man River »

I will tomorrow I assume MDT would be correct with the Boolean value, thanks for replying like always Freddy :)

Its a reverse Britain mod that has chute spawns made from subs in it to raid enemy, but at start game majority of players use chutes as they are all trying to spawn at same time for first time at start, if I can delay the chute spawns at game start, players will spawn and use planes more and then less players will use chutes as they die occasionally throughout, also chutes can be adjusted on how often they appear. At moment I have removed them until I can solve this, and game play was better imeadiately
freddy

Post by freddy »

You can spawn things as a "ArmorEffect" (sub?) you need a dummy vehicle that spawn once and get destroyed in the timeframe you need, by water or deathbubble or something the like.

example

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.Active Willy
ObjectTemplate.hpLostWhileDamageFromWater 5
ObjectTemplate.WaterDamageDelay 120
ObjectTemplate.addArmorEffect 10 LevelBomberSpawner 0/0/20

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner LevelBomberSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 Sub7C
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelay 0
ObjectTemplate.team 1
Old Man River

Post by Old Man River »

Have you tried SpawnDelayAtStart 120 ? sometimes the MDT site mix it up
Still couldn't get the code to do anything don't know why it in nearly everything when it does nothing

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner APC
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelay 0
ObjectTemplate.team 1
ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 0
ObjectTemplate.Distance 30
ObjectTemplate.DamageWhenLost 20

ObjectTemplate.active Type38Raft
ObjectTemplate.hpLostWhileDamageFromWater 0.5
ObjectTemplate.WaterDamageDelay 60
ObjectTemplate.addArmorEffect 10 APC 0/0/0
tried this without success also, raft was already in map used for a landing spawn that has gato spawns attached to it when it spawns and dies due to water damage, I just added the addArmorEffect to it as well to try and spawn a delayed hidden floating Sub7c to steal its spawns for chutes as well. Raft spawns ok with its attached gato spawns, but I don't get any Sub7c when it dies, this is SSM which is why im using existing spawners
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Hmm. Check this out. This is what I used for my RadioSpawner for my mod.

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner RadioSpawn1Spawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 RadioSpawn1_PCO
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 RadioSpawn1_PCO
ObjectTemplate.holdObject 0
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0
ObjectTemplate.minSpawnDelay 3
ObjectTemplate.maxSpawnDelay 3
ObjectTemplate.timeToLive 300
ObjectTemplate.Distance 20
ObjectTemplate.spawnOffset 0/0/0
ObjectTemplate.team 2
ObjectTemplate.MaxNrOfObjectSpawned 1
ObjectTemplate.damageWhenLost 0
This is the spawner I use for my RadioSpawner in my mod. Basically it spawns a PCO (in the shape of a radio) that has soldier spawners attached to it, acting as a droppable sodlier spawn. Anyway, I think "minSpawnDelay" and "maxSpawnDelay" is what you're looking for.

If you want it to be a one-time spawn, you'll need to attach the spawner to a PCO object that is self-destroying and is spawned on the map as a StaticObject instead of being spawned using an ObjectSpawner. That way once it dies it won't respawn.

[Edit] From what I can tell, the game automatically spawns all objects at the beginning of the game regardless of spawner delays. So my only guess would be to try the solution above, adding the spawner to a PCO that is self-destroying. You can also create an emitter effect, add the spawner to the emitter, and add the emitter an armor effect on the self-destroying PCO.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
freddy

Post by freddy »

Old Man River wrote: tried this without success
I just remembered one thing, when i tried spawning from effect in the midway map nothing happened, but have used it for years in coral sea map and there it works very good.

Its the same with some other code iwé used, it can work flawlessly in one map but do nothing or even crash in other maps. I got around this problem once with placing some code in game.rfa because it is loaded after the map but i guess that may only work on generic code and not so good with spawners as they differs for each map.

It could be worth a try to experiment some more with making own spawners ssm, i think the clue to it may lie in the content check system, i think it is set to look into the ost.con and look for differences, and i think it does so even if contencheck is turned off.

About your BoB map i can just think of one more thing you could try (if you got free spawners for it) and that is to use the "random" spawner code, the first object can spawn emmediatelly then as that seems to be hard to do anything about, but the second object can be timed by by the timetolive on the dummy object.

Swaffy wrote: You can also create an emitter effect, add the spawner to the emitter, and add the emitter an armor effect on the self-destroying PCO.
I think the PT boats have something the like, but for some reason it refuse to work in multiplayer

rem *** e_PTBoatWreck ***
ObjectTemplate.create EffectBundle e_PTBoatWreck
ObjectTemplate.saveInSeparateFile 1
rem -------------------------------------
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate Em_PTBoatSpawnRaft
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0/0
ObjectTemplate.timeToLive CRD_NONE/1.8/0/0
rem -------------------------------------

rem *** Em_PTBoatSpawnRaft ***
ObjectTemplate.create Emitter Em_PTBoatSpawnRaft
ObjectTemplate.template Elco80Raft
ObjectTemplate.addEmitterSpeed 1
ObjectTemplate.emitterSpeedScale 1
ObjectTemplate.lodDistance 375
ObjectTemplate.timeToLive CRD_NONE/1/0/0
ObjectTemplate.intensity CRD_NONE/1/0/0
ObjectTemplate.relativePositionInDof CRD_NONE/0/0/0
ObjectTemplate.positionalSpeedInDof CRD_UNIFORM/0/0/0
ObjectTemplate.positionalSpeedInUp CRD_UNIFORM/0/0/0
ObjectTemplate.positionalSpeedInRight CRD_UNIFORM/0/0/0
ObjectTemplate.startRotation CRD_UNIFORM/0/0/0
ObjectTemplate.movetowatersurface 0
ObjectTemplate.IsSpawnEffect 1
Old Man River

Post by Old Man River »

At a guess it might work in coral because EA loaded in different carriers they didn't use default game carriers, so you can change around stuff in coral when you cant in other maps

I have a few ways of making the spawn points spawn at intervals, by linking them to a raft that dies from water damage to turn them off and on, or even set max allowed to spawn, or setting the floating subs that the spawns are stolen off, to spawn at a height so they float slowly up until they pass travel distance and die, below is one I use in Bocage for chutes

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner APCSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 
ObjectTemplate.MinSpawnDelay 60
ObjectTemplate.MaxSpawnDelay 70
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0
ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 0
ObjectTemplate.Distance 50
ObjectTemplate.DamageWhenLost 300
ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 1
My only problem is getting the chutes (subs) delayed so as not to spawn at start of game without capturable flags to use as trigger to do it in Britain,
freddy

Post by freddy »

Old Man River wrote:by linking them to a raft that dies from water damage
Tried this?

ObjectTemplate.Active raft
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate your_Spawner
ObjectTemplate.setRandomGeometries 2

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner your_Spawner1
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 some_dummy_vehicle
ObjectTemplate.team 1

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner your_Spawner2
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 sub
ObjectTemplate.team 1
Old Man River

Post by Old Man River »

sorry got busy making 2 death match plane only maps and a phillipines with parachute spawns linked around islands, the philly is interesting as it self balances with the first chute spawn spawning enemy chutes then after that each flag gives a reward of next chute spawn, so it sets up a circle as when first is taken it reverts to a enemy chute spawn next after a delay. The chutes are also all made different with one simply a slowly rising floating sub supplying spawns in SS con and dieing/refreshing because of travel distance. next is stolen driver spawns off carriers attached offset to a slowly rising raft to do same and last is stolen destroyer drive spawns attached offset to a submerged jeep to die due to water damage after delay. and all give a different control and outcome in spawning achieved ie group different angles and spawning in strips due to rising heights

With you code freddy I will try it and see what happens I assume the
your_Spawner your_Spawner1 and your_Spawner2 are all actually the same named spawner but with different vehicles ie 2 copies of same spawner APCSpawner APCSpawner no number with different things listed to spawn ? wouldn't it just spawn last listed in OST

and the out come would be random that spawns of 2 so sometimes it could be nothing and sometimes sub

If it works you could use it to even spawn alternate random vehicles around a map