Game not keep track of kill count

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Swaffy

Game not keep track of kill count

Post by Swaffy »

I remember setting the scoring for Co-Op where no points are credited to players, but it seems like the game still keeps track of the amount of kills and deaths a player had. Is there anything I can change that will cause the game to NOT add a point to a player's kill count when he gets a kill?

My goal is to have players getting points/score for only capturing bases but nothing else.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
FAIB

Re: Game not keep track of kill count

Post by FAIB »

example:

Code: Select all

ScoreManager.kill 0
ScoreManager.death 0
ScoreManager.capture 1
ScoreManager.attack 0
ScoreManager.defence 0
ScoreManager.TK 0
freddy

Post by freddy »

Swaffy wrote: Is there anything I can change that will cause the game to NOT add a point to a player's kill count when he gets a kill?
only way around it, see to that the player doesnt get the kill in the first place.

it might not be possible to make it work good in a fast pace game, but you can use spawners on bullets and let them spawn something team neutral to kill soldiers with collisionforce instead of the damagesystem.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

It is possible to do, but it requires meme file editing. You can "NULL" (delete) the nodes related to the columns "kills" and "deaths" for both teams, leaving only the "score" column.

BF MDT has a Meme File Editor which works very well for this.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Well, then I assume it's another change that requires changing the EXE. Dang.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Swaffy wrote:Well, then I assume it's another change that requires changing the EXE. Dang.
Not even, I successfully removed the Axis scoreboard in my Death Match mini mod just by editing the corresponding meme file (those files without extensions stored in the Menu.rfa). It can be done if you know which nodes have to be edited. The file you want to edit with the Meme File Editor in the BF MDT is called ''InGame''. I can look for the correct references for what you want to accomplish when I have a moment.
See my Strasbourg map project here.