[SSM] Repacking modded Midway

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Mshraks

[SSM] Repacking modded Midway

Post by Mshraks »

Guys im really getting desperate now.
I read all the tutorials over and over again and did exacly as has been written in it.
I unpacked/extract the Midway.rfa,Midway_000.rfa and Midway_003.rfa to a folder on my desktop.
Startup ED42, load the Midway level and just added some plains, 2 more tanks on the Island and 2 more AAgunners.

Now the problem start.
I repacked the bf1942 folder with all the extracted maps and con files to a new rfa file called Midwaymodded and saved it into the level folder with all other original Map.rfa files.
Now the game doesnt start up at all anymore, as soon i remove the Midwaymodded.rfa and dubble click the BF 1942 icon on desktop the game is starting normal.

What im doing wrong here?
Its the free Origin BF1942 i installed btw.
Senshi

Re: [SSM] Repacking modded Midway

Post by Senshi »

You renamed the .rfa without renaming any of the internal references in the files contained there, I assume. If you want to duplicatea level to a new name, you have to make sure that EVERY path reference in the map files gets changed as well, lest they point to "levels\midway" and not "levels\midwaymodded".

Alternatively name your .rfa with a higher patch number than the patches and it will overload the original vanilla files, replacing/expanding midway instead of duplicating it. Just name your rfa midway_999.rfa and it will work. If not, refer to my signature on how to debug errors.
Mshraks

Post by Mshraks »

Senshi thx for your fast reply.
I named the modded rfa in just Midway.rfa than to Midway_003 ( last midway.rfa file there are 3 total ) and i renamed it into Midway_007.rfa and place it in the correct level folder.
After dubble clicking BF1942 icon on desktop, game is not even starting.
After removing the Midway_007.rfa ( original Midway.rfa,Midway_000.rfa and Midway_003 still in folder ) game is starting up perfect.
Dont understand this at all. :(

Renaming the Modded Midway rfa file to Midway_999.rfa and place it back into the Archive\level folder doesnt work either, for Origin and Cd version.
Both not even responding to start up at all.
I have to remove the modded rfa file to get the game start up from dubble clicking the desktop icon.
Very annoying because i cant find where the problem is.
The con file coding seems fully ok, it a total mistery to me.
Mshraks

Post by Mshraks »

Ok i dont know what i changed ( stupid me ) but its working now.
Tested the modded midway map and it started up perfect.
It only needs some fine tunning because i added two paratrooper spawn points that didnt show up at all ( maybe because i placed them a little bit from the coast so they will land in sea :D ) but that needs to be added and a plain in hangar seems not to work/respawn correct.

I will let you know when its fully ready.
Mshraks

Post by Mshraks »

Ok folks i got my complete modded Midway map working, everything shows up on the map at the right place. :D
Fully tested on local and working fine.
There are only some small details i cant find.
1e) i want the scoutcars ( willy for example ) to respawn again right after you drive away with one of them or if it explodes with a maximum of 6-8 cars on the map at the same time.
2e) i want 6-8 plains to respawn for both teams on the carrier, not on the same time but but direct spawn after one takes off or explodes.
3e) i want all attached boats on carrier and other battleships replaced with the Elco80 ( Allied ) and Type38 ( Axis ).

I cant find the right place or con files to alter/edit the code for above 3.
Can somebody help with it please i cant find it in tut or im just stupid and look over it?
These are the only 3 things to fix and than im done.

Thx already guys. ;)
Tuesday

Post by Tuesday »

1e)

ObjectSpawnTemplates.con

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner ScoutCarSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 Willy
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 BlackMedal
ObjectTemplate.MinSpawnDelay 10
ObjectTemplate.MaxSpawnDelay 30
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0
ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 45
ObjectTemplate.Distance 40
ObjectTemplate.DamageWhenLost 10
Change the numbers after the lines ObjectTemplate.MinSpawnDelay & ObjectTemplate.MaxSpawnDelay.

As for changing the maximum number of cars to 6 add the line ObjectTemplate.maxNrOfObjectSpawned 6.

2e)

ObjectSpawnTemplates.con

Add this code

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner Enterprise_corsairSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 corsair
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 corsair
ObjectTemplate.minSpawnDelay 20
ObjectTemplate.maxSpawnDelay 40
ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 120
ObjectTemplate.Distance 200
ObjectTemplate.spawnOffset 0/0/0
ObjectTemplate.holdObject 1
ObjectTemplate.team 1

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner Enterprise_sbdSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 SBD
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 SBD
ObjectTemplate.team 1

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner ShokakuZeroSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 Zero
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 Zero
ObjectTemplate.team 1

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner ShokakuAichiValSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 AichiVal
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 AichiVal
ObjectTemplate.team 1
Again, change the numbers after the lines ObjectTemplate.MinSpawnDelay & ObjectTemplate.MaxSpawnDelay.

As for changing the maximum number of planes to 6 add the line ObjectTemplate.maxNrOfObjectSpawned 6 for each spawner.

3e)

I'm not sure, I have never done that, I have a good idea what you would need to do but I don't want to tell you the wrong thing.
Mshraks

Post by Mshraks »

Wow :P Very much thanks, as soon im back home im going to edit and change all this and let you know how it went.
Again very much thanks ;)
Old Man River

Post by Old Man River »

To replace landing craft with torpedo boats as its SSM use a active command on the ship complex remove template for landing craft spawner, and replace it with landing craft spawner that spawns torpedo boat instead of landing craft in its object template
Mshraks

Post by Mshraks »

Ok guys everything is working fine so far only one thing i dont get fixed.

I want to add one extra selectable ( the white dot on the map spawnpoint ) for each team for paratroop dropping in front of the coast.

1 on Axis side and 1 on Allied side.

So before the map starts you can choose multiple spawn places like on the carrier ( 3 Spawn points ) etc etc.
I want to add one more for each team so before map starts you click on it and just like in market garden you spawn in the air.
I`ve added 8 paratrooper spawn point in front of the coast on both side but i dont or get the white spawn dot so players can select to spawn there at start of the map.
All 8 paratrooper spawn points ( 16 total ) are attached to nearest control point and marked as a normal soldier spawn point and only seems to start working if nearest flag is captured.
So its been used as a random soldierspawn point like all others.

How can i add these two selectable spawnpoints for both teams ?
I cant get it to work i only mess up my con files all the time. :oops:
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Seriously, at least try to search for these kind of things...this has been in our basic tutorials for over five years (upper right, "BASIC TUTORIALS" button):

http://bfmods.com/tutorial7c59.php?page ... oints.html