A couple questions.

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Bad Bug

A couple questions.

Post by Bad Bug »

Hi guys, I'm BadBug.
I have a couple questions about modding. First, I can't figure out how to change the menu background picture. Second, is there any way to do 3D rendering without spending $3000 on 3ds max? Or is there a less expensive product out there? Thanks! :)
Last edited by Bad Bug on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes my master

Senshi

Re: A couple questions.

Post by Senshi »

Hi and welcome to bfmods.com :) .

1)The background picture is a move, and it's stored in \mods\bf1942\movies.

You'd have to exchange it for another .bik file. It's no problem, really, just download "bink and smacker" (free) and convert your image or video to .bik format.

2) You can work with GMax, the freeware offspin of 3ds Max. However, this has VERY limited support for advanced modeling and to be honest, it simply is a huge pain in the ass if you want to achieve really good models. For getting to know 3d modeling and rendering it is absolutely fine, though.
Bad Bug

Post by Bad Bug »

Ok thanks! I appreciate it. :D
Yes my master

Bad Bug

Post by Bad Bug »

Hmm. When I download Gmax, It downloads the pixel fighter toolbox instead. Even though the file is called "gmax.exe". Do you have a download link?
Yes my master

Bad Bug

Post by Bad Bug »

That is the same place I got it from. I even tried getting it from File Front.
Yes my master

cajunwolf

Post by cajunwolf »

I have a copy of it somewhere and I will put it for download as soon as I find it.

"When you're up to your butt in alligators, you forget your original intent was to drain the swamp!"
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

That doesn't make sense, Bad Bug. The gmax12.exe is a simple automated unpacker and launches the GMAX setup.

If the filesize is 18,8MB, you have the right package. Are you absolutely certain you downloaded the correct file? It's that big green button "Free download"...
cajunwolf

Post by cajunwolf »

I will download and test it to see if there is a problem. I haven't had the time to fire up my old old rig to hunt for it. After all this might be a newer version as I got mine in 2004? Who knows he might have gotten a corrupt download, it happens.

"When you're up to your butt in alligators, you forget your original intent was to drain the swamp!"
Bad Bug

Post by Bad Bug »

Yeah, I clicked the right button. It's weird though, cause it says it is Gmax until it's done unpacking, then an installer for the pixel fighter toolbox pops up. :?
Yes my master