BC'42: that Excavator

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
GoodDayToDie!!

Re: BC'42: that Excavator

Post by GoodDayToDie!! »

Cool beans. Reegad has a new site up that can be yet another good place for bf42 info....check it out: http://1942mods.com/
cajunwolf

Post by cajunwolf »

Very Kewl!

Good post.

Have him get in touch with me and I will link his site to Battlefieldsingleplayer and get Poom to add it to our news section. I will sign up over there as soon as I can and do some posts. I already see where I can add some content to his BC article. It's a nice looking site and the more bf42 related sites we can help keep going the better. You might want to check there yourself as I think we might have some I-82 stuff from times back. If anybody thinks about it I could use a little traffic over at Battlefieldsingleplayer as traffic has been down and I don't get as much BF42 or BFV post, mostly BF2 -3 etc. We are looking into a site revamp at the moment.

"When you're up to your butt in alligators, you forget your original intent was to drain the swamp!"
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

cajunwolf wrote:I think Apache said it best in that it just represents a "construction theme" being it is a map editor that one "constructs" their map with. Actually a silly thread but it gives me a chance to mention that there was a mapping team, forget their or his name? I think it was DCMAPS or something of that nature, but anyhow they had created a model of a big TEREX dump truck, you know big yellow suckers used in mines. Anyhow I still have that stuff somewhere if anyone might be interested. There were some UN vehicles too, but the models are not the best in the world, though I suppose someone could clean them up and fix the textures. In fact the map might have been DC Quarry if I am not mistaken, like I said I will look it up if interested.
Agreed. Also, Battlecraft is similer in name to "Battlefield". So many users may only give it a quick glance and mistake it for Battlefield. So users could download the editor thinking it's the full game. Since the construction vehicle appears mainly in the graphics for the installer dialog boxes, so it's just meant to indicate to the end user that this is an editor and not the full game. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!