ED42 to BF1942

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
-Shadowfax-

ED42 to BF1942

Post by -Shadowfax- »

Didn't get any replies when i sent PM to the mods and admins, so I'll just post it here, and see if anyone else knows.

I recently followed your tutorial on downloading ED42, and it works correctly. I found your other tutorial, but there you do something with battlecraft, which i do not have, so i didn't do that. But i made a map in ED42, and packed the files that got saved into where the other bf1042 levels are. But when i try to run BF1942 then, it does not start at all. Do i need to do something else to the files that are saved by ED42 than to just pack them into the levels folder? Or how can i play a map from ED42 on bf1942 without using battlecraft? Maybe someone could give me a list of files needed, and how to get them?
-Shadowfax-

Re: ED42 to BF1942

Post by -Shadowfax- »

NVM, please close this, just downloaded battlecraft..
Senshi

Re: ED42 to BF1942

Post by Senshi »

You still did not state what you actually are doing. Are you editing an existing map? Are you creating a whole new map?

If you stick 1:1 to the usual tutorials, there's no reason why you should not be able to achieve the very same results as depicted in said tutorials, so you need to give us further information in order to help your specific problem. Game-not-starting problems after adding a map usually points to incorrectly named .rfa files (as I told you in the PM already) or a messed-up init.con inside the map archive.