Noob Questions

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Neil_Peart_Is_God

Noob Questions

Post by Neil_Peart_Is_God »

Hello,

I am a complete modding noob and have never done this before at all, but me and my friends wanted to set up a local server of the Battlefield 1942 Wake demo for a LAN party and make a few mods while we're at it. It should be very simple, but how do you do the one-shot-kill rounds with the bolt action rifles? And this is more complicated, but if pulled off it would be awesome: There is a Turbo Jeeps mod out there, and while it's designed for the full game, I've seen it run on a demo server before: is there any way to implement this myself?. The zip file with the code in it is attached below.

Thank you for your help
Attachments
turbo_jeeps_by_why.zip
(73.53 KiB) Downloaded 678 times
Neil_Peart_Is_God

Re: Noob Questions

Looking around here, I found both the code for the nitro jeep and one shot kill rifle and added it to the ObjectSpawnTemplates file. Things seem to run fine for me, but if anyone tries to join the server they get disconnected immediately. How do you fix this?

Also, how do you add custom vehicles and objects to a server? I found a mod with all kinds of crazy stuff I'd love to add, but there is no tutorial on here for how to do that :(
freddy

Post by freddy »

i read somewhere that you cant mod the demo server the same way one usually mod.
In demo you can not repack the files otherwise it will lead to a Debug Error... simply leave the rfa extracted.
http://battlefieldmodding.com/ssm/phpBB ... b842bd3f61

here is a link to a bf42 demo forum that might help http://www.bf1942demo.com/forum/login.a ... efault.asp

old forum http://battlefieldmodding.com/ssm/phpBB ... words=demo
Neil_Peart_Is_God

I read about the Debug error and got around that; the game will open up the modded files and run a local server with them just fine. It just will not let anyone join.

Also, I applied for the bfdemo forum and am waiting to be approved.
Dennis|8749236

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

The client file must be same as server file...
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
Neil_Peart_Is_God

Dennis|8749236 wrote:The client file must be same as server file...
OK, I will try to copy my files over to another machine and see if that works. However, there are plenty of demo servers running online where there are little tweaks like fifty-shot Thompsons, super-swimming, and nitro jeeps, and require no changes to your game to join.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I'm curious: Why would people rather play the demo than the full game?
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Dennis|8749236

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

Demo?
The Demo's server dont need serial number
and in full version.
You are required to have a serial number to play on a server..
if you dont have it, too bad..
and there are also limited amount of no cdkey chec server..
hmm...
thinking, is it possible to make a portable bf1942 by copying demo to USB....
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
Neil_Peart_Is_God

Dennis|8749236 wrote:Demo?thinking, is it possible to make a portable bf1942 by copying demo to USB....
That is exactly what we use it for. I have never had one problem running the demo from a flash drive.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Dennis|8749236 wrote:thinking, is it possible to make a portable bf1942 by copying demo to USB....
If the demo doesn't use a disk, I am sure it will work. I use a no-CD crack for the full game and it works on a flash drive or external hard drive.

Try copying the "Battlefield 1942" directory onto an external storage device and try running the EXE from there.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™