Hangar does not explode

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
anselmus

Hangar does not explode

Post by anselmus »

Ok as the topic of continuing the topic of the spawn point, but the problem is structural, did this.
Interestingly the test with the V1, to blow up the hangar, the Hangar rocket did not explode, but the bends or bounces off the target.
The other structures (house and factory), which follow the same settings, are destroyed by V1.
Would anyone tell me the reason?
PS: standardmesh: Hangar_M1.
Dennis|8749236

Re: Hangar does not explode

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

did you enable: ObjectTemplate.HasCollisionEffects 1?
did you enable: ObjectTemplate.HasCollisionPhysics 1? (I think this one is a stupid question..)
did you add the bundle of mesh to a vehicle directly?
did your V-1 have correct material ID setting? (The face ID of CollisionMesh01 also 02 but 02 really doesnt matter..)
did your Hangar have correct material ID setting? (same as above)
did you set V-1's HitPoint very high? (like 1000 and it wont go boom because HP is not 0)
did your spring bundle interupting this process? (if i remember correct, you are using a spring bundle or somethign to make it dive)
Also, can we see the code of your Hangar PCO, and the V-1 PCO?
Is really hard to find a problem without seeing a code. Because same problem may have different cause (e.g The bullet dont do damage may cause by the wrong material ID setting, wrong damage mod, or target have no collision physics something..)
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
anselmus

Post by anselmus »

I realize that any vehicle that collides with the Hangar does not explode but deviates.
Only this structure exhibits this problem.
Dennis|8749236

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

Definitly Material ID problem...
Or your coding went wrong...
I had that problem before..
It was my Fi-103(The most early one i made), it is a PCO, and it did not take any damage from colliding, projectile hitting, only explosions..
Did you make a new model of hangar? if you did, check your collision mesh's face ID, make sure they are correct and defined in your mod.
If you didn't make a new model, then thats coding problem, i got this problem too but sadly, i don't know how to fix it, what i did is write all the codes again then it working good as others..
Last edited by Dennis|8749236 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
anselmus

Post by anselmus »

kkkkk ... just me ... I try to create a structure destructible and it is indestructible.
I will check what you said.