Can anyone tell me what this debugging error means?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
POTAmatt

Re: Can anyone tell me what this debugging error means?

Post by POTAmatt »

But what does Stationary_Oerlikon_PCO4 have to do with the Ratte tank, or this line:
AIBot\BotMain.cpp(1203): Assert: AIBot: (static_cast<AIObject*>(obj)->isPrimary())
Quite a bit. The original AI coders of that Ratte tank coded the main guns as a primary position and all others as secondary. Normally that would be true, but most of the additional guns on the ratte are seperate, destroyable PCO's, hence they are primary. I pulled a bit of hair out getting that thing to work.

You may have a similar problem with your Oerlikon in that PCO4 might be set as a primary position when it should probably be secondary.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

POTAmatt wrote:You may have a similar problem with your Oerlikon in that PCO4 might be set as a primary position when it should probably be secondary.
That's a great idea. Check the order that the PCO was addTemplated versus the other PCOs. Basically, the PCO that's highest on the list is postition 2, the one under that is position 3, and so forth (assuming position 1 is the main driver and the other PCOs are attached to it).
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
POTAmatt

Post by POTAmatt »

Yep, all seats (child objects) are coded as secondary with the exception of seat 1 (the parent object):

aiTemplate.create M3A1TopMG
aiTemplate.addType ITUnit
aiTemplate.addType ITBiological
aiTemplate.addType ITGround
aiTemplate.addType ITNaval
aiTemplate.degeneration 20
aiTemplate.allowedTimeDiff 1
aiTemplate.basicTemp 5
aiTemplate.commonKnowledge 0
aiTemplate.secondary 1
aiTemplate.addPlugIn M3A1TopMgArms
aiTemplate.addPlugIn M3A1TopMgUnit