BF42 Wont Launch after Packing Map in Gmake...

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
cajunwolf

Re: BF42 Wont Launch after Packing Map in Gmake...

Post by cajunwolf »

Kewl!

I want to do a mapping tutorial and had mentioned something about it in another post. I am speaking of a total comprehensive mapping tutorial showing use of BC and ED42 along with adding AI. As an experienced mapper you would be of great help. Basically I am going to post in threads on various mapping topics from, but not limited to, mapping techniques to what editor is preferred for doing what etc. Hopefully I will get feed back and ideas to where I can finally complete some of these tutorials I have been working on for some time. Your contributions would be most helpful.

I have all kinds of tools and spread out somewhere over 5 machines and serveral TB's of hard drives I have every version of every mod of note. I also have all kinds of tools I have collected since the game came out. If there is something you might be looking for, ask, good chance I might have it.

L8trz,

Cajunwolf

"When you're up to your butt in alligators, you forget your original intent was to drain the swamp!"
GoodDayToDie!!

Post by GoodDayToDie!! »

Good stuff cajunwolf,

I am but a simple mapper(LoL) and you say you have every mod then I imagine you have Interstate82(bless ur soul foOk:)..the type of maps I have learned to love and create are by no means anything near a standard bf42 map: The style of maps in question are, for lack of better words, obstacle course like. Unlike foOk, who if the King of Racing maps for this mod, I went the other route for is82 mapping. I prefer challenges and convoys to get the final flag and bask in the glory of completing the course.
I have only made one map for 42 and no AI was added....I wanted to but didn't want to commit..

cheers
cajunwolf

Post by cajunwolf »

Regardless of what type of maps you make you go about it in your on set style. Do you use both BC and ED42, one or the other and why would be something I would be interested in. How do you start a map would be another. For instance I set up a working folder for all maps I work on. In it I have all my batch files, links to the extracted map, ai pathfinding working files etc.

"When you're up to your butt in alligators, you forget your original intent was to drain the swamp!"
GoodDayToDie!!

Post by GoodDayToDie!! »

I primarily use BC for maps. I have only recently used ED42 for terrain work/texturing ( plus just opening a map in ED42 and saving dramatically improves the appearance in detail of the mini map/map.) I prefer BC over ED42 simply because that's what I learned on and I guess you can say it feels like home:) The whole shadow thing viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1422&start=10 has held me back a bit, oh well:) I'm getting there....
Here's a brief thread on one of my maps:) http://is82.com/e107_plugins/forum/foru ... 66325.post That was done strictly with BC..

I start a map by going into BC....
cajunwolf

Post by cajunwolf »

Kewl and reading the post you have linked on doing terrain shadows I can see another topic for my mapping tutorials. I use both editors to do a map. There are features in both that you need. Yes I can say BC is my primary editor, but I texture and do terrain edits in ED42. I don't know of anything that can do multilayer textures like ED42, I can get totally realistic looks in the terrain textures.