Damn the torpedos...

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Psycho

Damn the torpedos...

Post by Psycho »

Hello, I have been doing IRL stuff for a couple of months. But now I'm back with "stupid" questions again hehe.

Is it possible to make ships and boats almost imune to bombs? In that case, what is the easiest way to do this?

I also want to make the torpedos go closer to the water surface, and don't sink so much when you drop them.

And is it possible to have three factions in a mod/map? Like two sides fighting and a "neutral" team that defend their area of the map.
I want to live in a created universe. Virtual reality, here I come.
Swaffy

Re: Damn the torpedos...

Post by Swaffy »

Psycho wrote:Is it possible to make ships and boats almost imune to bombs? In that case, what is the easiest way to do this?
Look for "Mods/MODNAME/Archives/BF1942/Game.rfa". In Game.rfa, look for a folder named "Damage_System".
You'll have to change those damage tables of every projectile. There might be a shorter way to do this, but that's how I would do it.

If this is a SSM, I don't know what to tell you, the other guys would have to help.
Psycho wrote:I also want to make the torpedos go closer to the water surface, and don't sink so much when you drop them.
Go to Objects.rfa, and go to "Objects/Vehicles/Common/Physics.con". Look for this coding:
(I already did the mod you wanted to do before, so just copy over what it shows below.)

ObjectTemplate.create FloatingBundle Torpedo_Floater
ObjectTemplate.saveInSeparateFile 1
ObjectTemplate.setHullHeight 4.3
ObjectTemplate.setFloatMaxLift 7
ObjectTemplate.setFloatMinLift 7
ObjectTemplate.setDragModifier 8000.0
ObjectTemplate.setMinRotation 0/-1/0
ObjectTemplate.setMaxRotation 0/1/0
ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed 0/0.1/0
ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 0/-0.1/0
ObjectTemplate.setInputToPitch 1
ObjectTemplate.setAutomaticReset 1
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Psycho

Re: Damn the torpedos...

Post by Psycho »

Swaffy wrote:
Psycho wrote:Is it possible to make ships and boats almost imune to bombs? In that case, what is the easiest way to do this?
Look for "Mods/MODNAME/Archives/BF1942/Game.rfa". In Game.rfa, look for a folder named "Damage_System".
You'll have to change those damage tables of every projectile. There might be a shorter way to do this, but that's how I would do it.

If this is a SSM, I don't know what to tell you, the other guys would have to help.
Ok found it, But how do I identify the big ships in that section? I guess I have to know what defgroup the battleships and the destroyers have? Since I still want bombs to damage the small boats.

Edit: Thanks for the torpedos btw:).
I want to live in a created universe. Virtual reality, here I come.
freddy

Post by freddy »

Psycho wrote: Is it possible to make ships and boats almost imune to bombs? In that case, what is the easiest way to do this?
heres some damage tuts http://realtimerendering.com/erich/bf1942/weapons.html

and the Giant Grid O' Death http://realtimerendering.com/erich/bf19 ... ngrid.html
Psycho wrote: I also want to make the torpedos go closer to the water surface, and don't sink so much when you drop them.
theres three types of torpedos, the "Torpedo" (subs) keeps the same level as where they are launched more or less, the AircraftTorpedo witch im not totally sure but seems to go a bit at the deep side, and the PTBoatTorpedo that i think is designed to go more or less water leveled, it already has "Shallow_Torpedo_Engine" and "Shallow_Torpedo_Floater"
Psycho wrote: And is it possible to have three factions in a mod/map? Like two sides fighting and a "neutral" team that defend their area of the map.
i think there have been some speculations about a team0 but iwé never heard anyone got something like that working before
Swaffy

Re:

Post by Swaffy »

freddy wrote:
Psycho wrote: And is it possible to have three factions in a mod/map? Like two sides fighting and a "neutral" team that defend their area of the map.
i think there have been some speculations about a team0 but iwé never heard anyone got something like that working before
I would think the entire AI aspect of a map would have to be modified/extended. Including the strategies, GUI, and spawners.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™