Rocket Propelled Chainsaw (RPC) anyone?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Swaffy

Rocket Propelled Chainsaw (RPC) anyone?

Post by Swaffy »

Wow. This needs to be made. Make the 3D model of the rocket and I'll do the rest: sounds, launcher, coding, and all the other stuff.

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/0 ... ith-comic/
Last edited by Swaffy on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
hipnox

Re: Rocket Propelled Chainsaw (RPC) anyone?

Post by hipnox »

is it possible to make a projectile go through soldiers and vehicles and damage them in the process?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

hipnox wrote:is it possible to make a projectile go through soldiers and vehicles and damage them in the process?
I was hoping to have the projectile just get "stuck" in whatever it hits.
Kind of like how an arrow gets stuck in a wall after being launched.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

While the projectile itself can't get stuck in this manner (isSticky code doesn't work on soldiers and the angle is not always where you would want it), you can use the damage system to produce a static particle using the same mesh the projectile did so that it appears to stick to things. Since it uses the damage system it can be specific to each material. Have it stick to some and not others. (notably, excluding vehicle materials as the particle will not move with the vehicle when it moves). For the ones it doesn't stick to, you can have an alternate effect template where the particle "bounces" off the target material and falls as if the projectile hits the target and bounces off it.

The good thing about this is that if it uses the damage system to emit particle it will always be at the correct angle most of the time since the angle of the effect is determined by the angle the projectile hit the target material.

Look at my decal effects for the RPG in my BFH'42 mod as an example on how it should be coded. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Well, I am terrible at 3D modeling, so was asking if anyone can make the projectile model. If that gets done, I have some interesting ideas for everything else.
There is no need to model the launcher itself, because I have some plans to alter the Panzerschreck launcher to fit the RPC launcher's blueprints.
Last edited by Swaffy on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hipnox

Post by hipnox »

i could try to make the model. as long as i dont have to do the UVs and textures...because i suck/hate it