Object that dies when walked on

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Darkstef

Object that dies when walked on

Post by Darkstef »

Hi all, I want to create an object that dies when walked on, but I have no idea how can I do that and I dont know any mod where I can found that...
It's for a trap, and seriously I dont have any idea :(
freddy

Post by freddy »

deathbubbles
Darkstef

Re: Object that dies when walked on

Post by Darkstef »

yea but the deathbubble must to be activated when you walk on the object, and all death bubble are always activated, so I don't know what can I do...
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Will the object be stationary or mobile? If it has no mobile physics, you can code the damage system so that the material for soldiers does damage to the material the object PCO uses. (you can set up the materials on the mesh so that only the parts that can be walked on will have the material that will be affected by soldiers) It only seems to work on stationary PCOs though. I coded something like this with the bomb car in my Mario kart mod. The stationary bomb car explodes the moment a soldier or vehicle touches it no matter what speed the attacking soldier/vehicle is going and is the result of the damage system. ;) So death bubbles may not be needed.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Darkstef

Post by Darkstef »

Yes its for a stationary object, I will try that thx :D
freddy

Post by freddy »

i meant bubbles added to the soldiers so when they got near the trigger the trap would be activated.

but Apaches idea sounds better tho as bubbles can act weird sometimes
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it works in multiplayer too. I had once played the Mario Kart mod in multiplayer once and had no issues with my bomb car. So it should work out just fine in this instance as well. :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!