Campaign List Editing

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
TerrancePickles

Campaign List Editing

Post by TerrancePickles »

Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the campaign list in vanilla 1942 to include maps from Road to Rome and Secret Weapons? (I wanted to go through one long campaign from Operation Battleaxe thru whatever the last board of Secret Weapons is without having to switch between the mods.)

I can edit the campaign list in 1942s within that mod, but get all sorts of odd glitches and crashed when I try to add maps from the expansion packs.

(This is assuming, of course, that 1942, RtR, and Secret Weapons are all fully installed patched, etc.)

Thanks!
mrhowdoimodClassic

Re: Campaign List Editing

Post by mrhowdoimodClassic »

I assume it's because in order for those maps to access their mods content they have to be in their own mods levels folder, if that makes sense. The maps are calling objects that don't exist in vanilla bf42. If you wanted, you could combine all of them (backing up the game and it's xpacks) and then have all of the different levels in that mods folder. does that make sense? I wouldn't really be easy or in my opinion worth it, but you could if you wanted.
freddy

Post by freddy »

i think you have to do this and start the campaign from the latest mod eg Secret Weapons

if its possible. cant remember if there is campaign alternative in the xpacks
TerrancePickles

Re: Campaign List Editing

Post by TerrancePickles »

Thanks for getting back to me so quick, folks! :D

Yeah, I was afraid of that, and I am sure you're right mrhowdoimodClassic...it probably is too much work. The mods do have objects in them that the vanilla campaign doesn't have, so it would be a real pain to work around that. I'll check into your suggestion, freddy, or maybe I'll just reinstall Forgotten Hope instead; that mod is great for "grand campaigns."

Cheers!