[SSM] DCF Coop Map Issues

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
tekk

[SSM] DCF Coop Map Issues

Post by tekk »

I got a few simple questions , simple but beyond me :roll:

Im trying to move the coalition spawnpoints on berlin that spawn you in the front and move them behind the sandbags. Nothing fun about spawning into a swarm of angry bots and getting spawnkilled 10+ times in a row before you get a chance to spawn behind the sandbags. Now DC and DCF do not have any soldierspawn.con's so I figured that it was calling on the spawnpoints from vanilla 42 berlin, so i extracted that one and changed the spawnpoints and packed it into my dcf patch, only problem is it creates a crash. So question is how am i suppose to go about moving these spawns ?.

Now another question is along the same lines as the first one , on Battle of Britain DCF the default vehicles that spawn on coop are 42 vehicles but with dcf soldiers. Now when I go to switch them to DCF vehicles in the OST.con it shows all DCF vehicles there.....so once again the game seems to be calling on vehicles from 42 even thou the OST.con is saying to spawn DCF vehicles.

Any chance someone can shed some light on this for me ?
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
Swaffy

Re: [SSM] DCF Coop Map Issues

Post by Swaffy »

A lot of that might just have to be done client side. Some things aren't doable in server side modding.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
tekk

Post by tekk »

Thanks for the response Swaffy but im pretty sure that changing spawnpoints on berlin and the vehicles on BoB are doable as SS, I just need to understand how to go about it since the files are not in the DCF cons.
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Desert Combat Final uses files from Desert Combat. So look in the normal Desert Combat files for what you want. Think of DCF as an add-on to DC.
tekk

Post by tekk »

I have already looked there before I posted here, I always work my way down the tree and this seems to be getting called from bf42 vanilla berlin but when I add that spawnpoint.con to my dcf patch I get a crash.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Sorry, brother. I have no more ideas. Usually when it comes to finding files, I'd just go "down the tree" like you said.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Did you grab the con files out of the vanilla map's _003 patch rfa? If not, you will run into problems. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Bongholio

Post by Bongholio »

I gave the Iraqis 360 degree mortars instead of the stationary MG on that map.
Cool but it sucks sometimes.
I uploaded ladders for hidey holes and to get on roofs in a static objects con for berlin here years ago
check it out if its still here.
You can't fix stupid,...but you can give it a plastic bag to play with