High pitched sound

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Ruuga

High pitched sound

Post by Ruuga »

So I have a problem that all my weapon's sounds are high pitched. Or in BF42 they are. All normal BF42 sounds sound normal but mine are so damn high pitched! (You can only hear a peep)

Do you know what is the problem?
fo0k

Re: High pitched sound

Post by fo0k »

sounds like wrong bitrate if you have made the custom wavs?
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I use a combination of Xilosoft Mp3 to WAV converter for re-sampling and the waveeditor app from The Nero 7 suite. The xilosoft app doesn't upsample correctly hence the use of the waveedit app for upsampling and the xilosoft for down sampling or resample on same frequency.

Perhaps try the above mentioned apps and your problem might go away. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Ruuga

Post by Ruuga »

Thanks! I used that Xilosoft Mp3 to WAV converter (I converted my file to mp3 and then back to wav) and now it works!
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

The perfect thread.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Ruuga wrote:Thanks! I used that Xilosoft Mp3 to WAV converter (I converted my file to mp3 and then back to wav) and now it works!
You don't have to convert it to MP3 first. Just convert it to WAV (yes even though it's already wav file). It will still work. It resamples the wav file even if the source file is the same format. ;)

Also make sure to tell it whether or not the out put file will be stereo. It doesn't detect this for you and it's recommended you do mono and stereo wav files separately instead of converting them in one go as it would apply the stereo/mono setting to all the wav files you converted at the time. The rest should be easy to figure out.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!