In-game level background music [Help Thread]

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Swaffy

Re: In-game level background music [Help Thread]

Post by Swaffy »

I'm sorry, brother, but I don't think it's that. Maybe you should just take a look for yourself, as I noted before. By you having a straight look at the issue, you are most likely to find the problem easier and help me out in the end. This sound issue is annoying me, and would be thoroughly grateful to have it resolved ...
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I know that this thread is an old one, but I'm trying to save space.

I came back to this issue after leaving it alone for a long time.
Apache Thunder wrote:"Also you may need to experiment with encoding the BIK in a different sampleing rate if it still fails as I believe sometimes it's a bit picky with the format.
Also note the music's volume is effected by the music volume setting in the game settings and not sound volume, so keep that in mind as well."
Alright, let's go for that for now, I did not try encoding it differently. I'm using RAD Video Tools to change it to ".bik" format.
What settings should I use? I'm going to work on a YouTube video to show what I am doing, so you can point out the errors.

Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

The recent music files I encoded for the two new maps I added to the mario kart mod use these settings I believe:

It's been awhile since I encoded the older music files, but I'm pretty sure they use the same settings as I did with the newer ones.

Also make sure folder name for music in your path setting is not capitalized but match the letter case you have for everything else except "mod" folder as well. (don't change how the actual folder names is though). I vaguely recall that may have perhaps had an effect on the functionality of it.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Swhouldn't it be 16-bit Mono instead of Stereo? Meh, I'll try both. And I'll check the capitalization.

It worked.

For 1.5+ years, all my sound issues were just ... stupid formats being wrong. Wow. Sure, alright...
Apache, thank you.