Looking for a team of modders!

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Bonaparte

Re: Looking for a team of modders!

Post by Bonaparte »

Kyong, it is possible that i could get some urban buildings too :)? I need some too :D
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

is their a beta or test verison yet?Id love to give it a try :mrgreen:
Mapper/map textureing/design....

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

OK here is the airfield, the factory with dock, and the skyscrapers. All are static buildings textures are in the texture sub-folder that is in the compressed file. I think I copied all the textures that are needed into that folder but if I missed any let me know the file names of what I missed. I added a outside stairs to the roof of the factory so you can put AA guns or players can shoot from there. Sorry it took so long but I have been working on other models as well plus they changes my meds yesterday and they knocked me for a loop. I think I slept for about 18 hours yesterday. I didn't convert the textures to dds because I wasn't sure of the setting needed for the import.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FL1UHU75

Bonaparte, Static buildings are easy to make the hardest part is getting the right textures and mapping them. If you want buildings the players can enter it takes a little longer but they are simple too. Just let me know what you need in detail and I'll try to get them done as soon as I can.
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

pics please! lol
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

hey mamba you want any custom textures?I can make um just need to know what kind? :|

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

u talking to me?because that was not the ? I asked :lol:

HJGF

Post by HJGF »

Black Mamba wrote:Hmm well I had a bunch of problems converting the models, perhaps you or someone else can do it for me. The factory cannot be converted for some reason, it freezes and gives this error, using the 3ds to SM converter that comes with the MDT:

Code: Select all

dump3ds_2_Rex.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.
The airfield doesn't have any textures, or maybe it has but I have no idea which one I have to use and where. The skyscrapers seem to be ok.
the converter has never worked for me use 3ds or gmax
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

1st i did downloaded the models and they got textures and 2nd wot u mean with
Don't have it, not my job anyway, you guys do it
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

Hmm well I had a bunch of problems converting the models, perhaps you or someone else can do it for me. The factory cannot be converted for some reason, it freezes and gives this error, using the 3ds to SM converter that comes with the MDT:

Code: Select all
dump3ds_2_Rex.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The airfield doesn't have any textures, or maybe it has but I have no idea which one I have to use and where. The skyscrapers seem to be ok.
OK I'll try converting everything and reuploading it as soon as I can. I'm not sure how long it will take though do to I just spent the last 20 plus hours not counting the few hours I slept trying to fix my computer. While trying to get BC to run by rolling back my driver my windows crashed. When I say crashed half of my windows files including windows explorer wouldn't run. So next to the last resort I had to do a reinstall of windows. I just now got windows re-setup and configured to connect to the Internet. I have to reinstall all my software which is going to take awhile. Luckily I have all my saved data files backed up to my external HD. Hopefully I can find all my setup disk and paperwork to get everything running again.
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
Kuyong_Chuin

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

Here is the factory, the group of skyscrapers, the seperate skyscrapers models, textures in the texture subfolder, and three quick renders of the factory. I didn't do a quick render of the skyscrapers. Didn't have time to having to make all new textures for the airfield and remember how I mapped those weird angles for the runways. If you want I can cut the doorway into the plane model texture it and convert it so you have it and model the inside as a seperate model then you can just place it when it is done where you need it. Also do you have the mobile ramp already or do I need to design and model one? Like attach a stairs to the back of a truck or converted Jeep so you can move it around? Or a Static one that just looks like you can move it? Let me know so I can design it. Sorry it mis taking so long with the computer dying and having to basicly start over it takes time. Plus I'm still learning the model conversion settings. Send me an PM or IM if there is a problem with them running so I can change whatever settings needed. I couldn't get it to create a col Mesh on the grouped of skyscrapers I guess it was to much for the export tool to do with that many buildings at once.

http://family-genealogy-101.nosolutions ... ds/Models/