Basic ship flag change in custom map.

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
MillerMod

Basic ship flag change in custom map.

Post by MillerMod »

Hi Mates!
Is it possible to mod a "fletcher" (the Allied ship) with a UK flag above ?

And if it is yes, can you pls tell me how?

This will be in a custom map.
Let's do some modding ...
... and i love the Siege mod for BF1942 also!
Swaffy

Re: Basic ship flag change in custom map.

Post by Swaffy »

You would have to set Active the FletcherComplex, remove template number 28 (if I counted correctly) and addTemplate AnimatedUkFlag with a setPosition of 0/29.2/12.9.

Let me know if that works. ;)
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
MillerMod

Post by MillerMod »

Swaffy wrote:You would have to set Active the FletcherComplex, remove template number 28 (if I counted correctly) and addTemplate AnimatedUkFlag with a setPosition of 0/29.2/12.9.

So i have to make a "new" object from the old fletcher and copy the standardmesh etc from the vanilla files to my custom map?
Let's do some modding ...
... and i love the Siege mod for BF1942 also!
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

MillerMod wrote:
Swaffy wrote:You would have to set Active the FletcherComplex, remove template number 28 (if I counted correctly) and addTemplate AnimatedUkFlag with a setPosition of 0/29.2/12.9.

So i have to make a "new" object from the old fletcher and copy the standardmesh etc from the vanilla files to my custom map?
No. It's just three lines of code really, you'd place it (for organizational purposes) at the top of ObjectSpawnTemplates of your game mode's folder (such as "SinglePlayer/ObjectSpawnTemplates"). Basically you are making last-minute changes to an already-existing object. You see, the game loads the RFAs in the Archives and Archives/Game folders then it loads the code from the map's RFA. So any mapside changes override the base mod.

I'm leaving it up to you to find the code though, there are plenty of mapside modding threads here. You just need a line for Active (which holds your object's name), then the remove template line, then the add template line. I guess it's better to remove the chosen template before adding any new templates.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
freddy

Post by freddy »

MillerMod wrote:So i have to make a "new" object from the old fletcher and copy the standardmesh etc from the vanilla files to my custom map?
actually you can do something like that if you want, but i dont think you need to copy the mesh or textures.

look at the coral sea map there is the two carriers in the object folder for just that map and it is just like 4-5 .con files for each carrier.

swaffys suggestion is i think even more easier but if you go for the "coral sea" way you have some advantages like you can for example change name on the ships and add or change spawnpoints on it real easy.