Editor 42 - help?!

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
smurf118

Editor 42 - help?!

Post by smurf118 »

Yo.

I have recently been playing around with ED42 (BC42 makes me want to shoot myself -_-), but I have a slight problem... How does one view buildings etc on the map..? All I have are grey boxes with arrows >.<

I think I read somewhere that you edit a line of coding somewhere, but I forget where and I also forget how I got to that website in the first place. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Yours,
Smurf.

PS, Don't give me a lecture about sky boxes etc, already done that.. :P
one

Re: Editor 42 - help?!

Post by one »

Check readme.txt file in Editor42 folder, "STEP 2 - EXTRACTING THE RFAs" and further
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Or you can look at the wonderful tutorial that f00k made so that people wouldn't have to go through the trouble of asking how to do it.

http://bfmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=115
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
smurf118

Post by smurf118 »

No... No no no.. no.

You're getting the wrong end of teh stick... All my files etc are in the correct place and the destinations are set. When F00k placed the African building in his tutorial (a very helpful one, I may ask), he could actually see it on the map! And move it around etc. But all I get is a grey cuboid with an arrow -_-. All I need to do is figure out how to change it so I can see everything...

Notice how there are grey boxes instead of objects around my spawn. It is the same under the objects view, material, terrain etc.
BotHunter

Post by BotHunter »

I like Battlecraft sooo much better!!! :D
Walk quietly and carry a sniper rifle
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

I use ed because battlecrap won't run on my computer (yay) but my mouse cursor shows in the tool bars, but is hidden when in the big center... screen (?) were the map is shown.

EDIT: I forgot the helpful things :lol: I had a bit of a problem with that too. It was caused by missing mehes.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Try this:

- Open up Editor 42 (Ed42)
- Go to "File/Directories/"
- Look at the top box, labeled Base directory and make sure the path points to your working folder
- Make sure you have the Objects.rfa, StandardMesh.rfa, and Textures.rfa extracted into your working folder
(Extract vanilla BF1942 first, then your mod last)
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
smurf118

Post by smurf118 »

They are all in the correct place. I think I may have a solution, a bit like turning it on and off.. :P going to delete all those files and re-extract :D Also, nice Nyan-sturmgeschütz :D
smurf118

Post by smurf118 »

>.< Just noticed while I was deleting the files: I forgot to extract the standardmesh things when I first installed x3 it works now :D
smurf118

Post by smurf118 »

This is weird, but when I choose the place an object, it shows up the imagey thing (the thing you'll see on a map while playing), but when I just a spawner, it just shows the grey boxes... :( What is the difference between placing an object and placing the spawner?