[SSM] Aircraft Performance Tweaking

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
mtdragonz13

[SSM] Aircraft Performance Tweaking

Post by mtdragonz13 »

Hello, I am having a little trouble increasing the speed/acceleration of the aircraft in BF1942 & DC

These are the codes I am trying to use to increase acceleration on the SU-25, do i need to change the SetMinRotation ,SetMaxRotation & SetMaxSpeed as well?
ObjectTemplate.setTorque 40
ObjectTemplate.setDifferential 15
ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 1500/0/3500

Now, I am a little curious as to what each number represents (e.g) ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 1500/0/3500

Any help would be extremely appreciated.
Diamondback

Re: [SSM] Aircraft Performance Tweaking

Post by Diamondback »

Just search those properties on the old MDT database...
See my Strasbourg map project here.
dudejo

Post by dudejo »

mtdragonz13 wrote:Hello, I am having a little trouble increasing the speed/acceleration of the aircraft in BF1942 & DC

These are the codes I am trying to use to increase acceleration on the SU-25, do i need to change the SetMinRotation ,SetMaxRotation & SetMaxSpeed as well?
ObjectTemplate.setTorque 40
ObjectTemplate.setDifferential 15
ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 1500/0/3500

Now, I am a little curious as to what each number represents (e.g) ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 1500/0/3500

Any help would be extremely appreciated.
SetMaxSpeed, as far as I know, doesn't do anything unless you set it to 0, which makes the engine glitch out.

The 3 numbers on setAcceleration are an x/y/z value. However, the x and y values don't do anything, as far as I can tell. The Z value is calculated against SetMinRotation and SetMaxRotation and determines engine response.
freddy

Post by freddy »

mtdragonz13 wrote: Now, I am a little curious as to what each number represents (e.g) ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 1500/0/3500
i would guess in this case its acceleration backwards/unused/forward

according to the mdt its how fast a turret can react in mouse respons, but it doesnt seem to comply like that on engines, atleast not when i tried.

http://bfmods.com/mdt/scripting/ObjectT ... ation.html

you might need to raise the setTorque value a bit, if the engine is to weak it doesnt matter what acceleration figures you put in
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

So if the code was ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 3500/0/3500 then it would go just as fast backward as it will forward?

I've always wanted to figure out how to make a vehicle that has the same speed backwards and forwards.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
freddy

Post by freddy »

i think i might be wrong about the Acceleration thing, just looked at the fletcher engine and it has setAcceleration 0/0/5000 so it shouldnt be able to reverse at all if the first figure is backward acc

the mdt says "controls the increment of the throttle" but i know once when i tried to get planes to acc faster i had to change the setAcceleration to, no matter how strong (setTorque) or high i set the Differential of the engine.

the katycha rocket engine has some high values on setAcceleration 0/0/100000 and it isnt even using any throttle as it is a setEngineType c_ETRocket

edit: changed the first figure to 0 on the sherman engine and the sherman could no longer turn, it just went straight back/forth

sounds weird for a engine to turn objects but i guess its left and right then :shock:
mtdragonz13

Post by mtdragonz13 »

And yet another question.. Where can I find Network.CON files?

Do I need to put this code in

NetworkableInfo.createNewInfo
NetworkableInfo.setPredictionMode PMLinear or PMNone

& what does predictionmode do?

Thanks for your help
BotHunter

Post by BotHunter »

This is EXTREMELY Helpful to me: http://bfmods.com/mdt/scripting/ObjectT ... index.html
This should answer all your questions. :)
Walk quietly and carry a sniper rifle
Carnie The Clown

Post by Carnie The Clown »

I have a question about aircraft tweaking: how do I get the engines to be set on fire sooner? Is it the codeline:
ObjectTemplate.criticalDamage 60 (?)

I want to fly around a bit with a flaming B-17 :)
BotHunter

Post by BotHunter »

No, It has to do with this line:

ObjectTemplate.addArmorEffect 65 em_yak9Damage 0/-0.198/2.11

Here is what you set:

ObjectTemplate.addArmorEffect 65 em_yak9Damage 0/-0.198/2.11

If the planes hitpoints are under 65 then it will show "em_yak9Damage" at 0/-0.198/2.11
Walk quietly and carry a sniper rifle