Object damage modification

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Vilespring

Re: Object damage modification

Post by Vilespring »

Apache, does this damage modifier mean if it's used like the maus does in Forgotten Hope Secret Weapons, will it make it able to "run over" other vehicles like it can? I feel like I could use this for some wako stuff!
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Yeah I believe so. If you set it to a high number, you can kill things at slower speeds and thus it the attacking vehicle would not receive as much damage if it can hit things at a slower speed.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Sunndae

Post by Sunndae »

I might actually even use this command. I noticed that when i put this command on all objects(or any):

ObjectTemplate.damageMod 0

They do not receive damage in a collision. Neither when just one of the objects has this command activated.
Sunndae

Post by Sunndae »

Does anyone know if somehow modding can slow down your vanilla game even tho you dont touch any files there?. Been extracting a lot of files and mods, now the game lags and map load takes ages. Even the origin version of the game which I didnt do anything with!.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Either you have maps with way too many objects in it, or there is a process (or processes) going on in the background that you can shut down. But because you're saying the vanilla game is lagging, the it is most likely your computer with the issue.

[1] Make sure your hard drive space isn't all taken up - make more space if it is full; [2] make sure there isn't a program in the background that isn't using up your computer's resources such as RAM and CPU usage.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Sunndae

Post by Sunndae »

Thats what I thought but my pc has nothing running (6% cpu usage and 13% ram usage). Temperatures are also good. I even removed my custom map from the directory but nothing changed. I dont get it all I did on the pc today was extracting rfa files, may be installed few mods and surfing the web.
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

surfing web ~ rouge program?
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Sunndae

Post by Sunndae »

Aight I fixed it even tho I dont see the logic behind it. First time i dont understand this kind of thing but have to leave it with that. System recovery did the trick. Didnt think anything could slow down my pc, all looked fine. Sorry for bothering and thanks for the help.