Creating extra item/weapon slots

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Ruuga

Creating extra item/weapon slots

Post by Ruuga »

I think I remember someone writing a tutorial about this in bfmods.com but even I searched forever I didn't find one.

So I would like to have 7 (or more) item slots in my mod. I managed to create the seventh slot by messing around with InGame menu-file. (Basically copying the slot number 6 and replacing all number sixes with sevens. )
http://files.1337upload.net/bafa.png

I have a weapon with item index 7 and it is placed on that specific kit. I can understand that the hotkey number seven wont work but why doesn't that work when I scroll the mouse on the seventh slot and click.

How can I make the seventh item slot?
freddy

Re: Creating extra item/weapon slots

Post by freddy »

I remember Apache made that mod working

Its to damn hard to find the thread tho
one

Post by one »

Ruuga

Post by Ruuga »

That was it! Thank you!

EDIT: Umm.. I have one problem with this. I can't find the file that handles the control mappings.. Where I find it?
EDIT2: Oh! I can put the mappings anywhere I want. I just placed them in the game.rfa's init-file.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

lol Indeed. I was able to add up 2 extra slots. I would have replied to this thread a bit sooner, but even I had trouble tracking down that thread. :P

You may be able to push it to 3 extra slots if you use the Zero key. The 9 key is usually the parachute key for most end users, thus I would not recommend mapping that to a weapon slot. The zero key isn't used anywhere (that I know of) in the default configuration, so you might be able to add a 9th kit slot on that key. :D

This same method could be used to increase the amount of vehicle position slots. But the last time I attempted this, the extra positions I could not switch to and the game crashes when attempting to switch to the last vehicle position. So have given up trying to figure that one out. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
exe

Post by exe »

Apache Thunder wrote:[...]

This same method could be used to increase the amount of vehicle position slots. But the last time I attempted this, the extra positions I could not switch to and the game crashes when attempting to switch to the last vehicle position. So have given up trying to figure that one out. :P
After a lot of try&error I got it working with 7 seats, I'm not sure if it runs in MP though. I also would like to make some cosmetic changes to it because as you can see the seat 7 player name is a bit close to the bottom (and the box is too small).

I found the values that I need to change but whenever I try to run a map it crashes. But if I start it with the debugger exe it runs fine, so I don't know how to fix it :(

€: Seems to work now, not sure what the problem was there.