Making a vehicle "store"

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Vilespring

Making a vehicle "store"

Post by Vilespring »

Is there anyway for a client side mod to be able to spawn in a vehicle without the debugger, and it spawn in front of them? And, can a certain thing limit what you get, like money, so you need more kills before it can be bought?

I was thinking of a spawner attached to the front of each soldier, but getting the vehicle to spawn when the player says "[Sherman]" at his spawner, and have money, it a bit of a challenge to me. Any wonky ideas?
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
fo0k

Re: Making a vehicle "store"

Post by fo0k »

no ideas yet.. but I like these wonky ideas.. this is what its all about. :)
spitfire was looking at ways to have purchases made on a website.. which would then write the server con files.. to give a player an item (maybe outside 'their' house with a combination lock on a garage that only they would know etc.. to get a vehicle..) it was messy but worked in principle. this may be a bit more extreme than what you are thinking though.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Look at the Empires mod, that's my only idea.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

Empires probably has it, by the description.

I saw an if-else command in FH, on all the vehicles. I need to learn how to wright statements to use them, then put a slur of if-else commands for it to work.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Variables and if else in BF42 are very limited in usability, sadly. They apparently planned to implement them fully, but then noticed that they didn't really need it at all so they didn't invest anything more in it.