Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

The Battlefield Heroes conversion for BF1942 can be found here!
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
freddy

Post by freddy »

looks very nice
Herrmann

Re: Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

Post by Herrmann »

Very great, i hope for a next update soon.
I missed the access to the buildings, ok in BFH it dont gives. But is it possible for BF1942?
More tanks and weapons possible or thinkable?
hgklan.plusboard.de
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Just finished another night conversion:

:D

UPDATE!:

Here's a WIP of the Royal soldier finally ported to BF1942! I've FINALLY got a custom soldier mesh working!

Mind you, this is the pre-closed beta soldier mesh. The current soldier mesh system being used by BFHeroes is too complex and broken into too many pieces to be usable in BF1942. So I plan to use the older meshes instead. I will then port over some customization items to go with the new soldier meshes.

The kit parts will be redesigned. Backpacks and helmets/face masks will be added via the normal kitpart system. Everything else like belts, boots, wrist items (and maybe gloves later on) will be vertex skinned and addtemplated directly to the soldier via random geometry code. This stands the best chance of adding some variety to soldier appearance ingame while maintaining a bit of control of the player over some of the appearance items he can spawn with. The Turbo Jet and Rippen Rocket kits for example will retain their face masks and backpack parts at all times the kit is being equipped.

I do plan to port the monkey, parrot, and the eagle at some point.

This mesh is still a WIP. The knee joint and elbows need to be smoothed out a bit, but it's not bad given that it's the first custom rigged soldier mesh I've ever done. Once the minor joint issues are fixed, this should at least be as good as a vanilla soldier mesh in terms of animation quality. I've had to modify the mesh a bit to fit the vanilla BF1942 soldier skeleton. (doing a new skeleton or porting the one from BFH would require redoing ALL the animations and I don't plan to do this as it is overkill). I might also need to adjust the collision settings since the head is a bit larger/higher up then the vanilla head was.

Also note that the national mesh is identicle except for the texture. So the royal mesh, once completed, will simply be copied and have different textures assigned to make it National. (with appropriate kit parts and child objects to match)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Herrmann

Post by Herrmann »

Good Videos and Good work!!
When its ready for release?

What do you think about to change the 36 Vanilla Maps in BF Heroes Style?
I think that Vanilla maps in Comic style looks very good, not also boring at now yet the based game.
hgklan.plusboard.de
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

This is good news. Seems like the last little detail to perfect BFH look has been solved. :)
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

freekin awesome work.

Have you had any clever thoughts about ways for people to customise kits?
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Currently the best way of doing the kits at the moment is via the random geometry code. BF42 doesn't allow the level of user-level customization that BFH did. :(

Version 2.0 ready for action:

Download Link:
BFHeroes42_v2_0.exe

Server Files:
bfheroes42_ServerFiles_v2_0.rar

Changes in v2.0:

1. Updated ContentCRC32.
2. Added two new winter maps.
3. Added two new ambient effects. The Christmas lights used in BFH.
4. Modified Snow FX for winter maps. (specifically, modified the e_HeavySnow effect)
5. Updated Battlecraft files (will be released separately)
6. Added winter versions of most house buildings with Christmas lights added via random geometry code.
7. Added Winter alternate texture path in Textures RFA.
8. Regenerated lightmaps and redid lightmap palette for Victory Village Nights. Shouldn't be too dark now. :D
9. Made some corrections to various AI coding on maps.
10. Redid all skydome meshes.
11. Added Night conversion of Riverside Rush.
12. Finally ported over BFH Soldier meshes. (they are the older closed beta ones though)
13. Completely overhauled Kits. Customization items like backpacks, belt items, and such will all be rigged to the soldier skeleton and addTemplated to the soldier instead of the kits.
14. RippinRocket and TurboJet kits will have separate soldier meshes with limited selection of items to prevent conflicts.
15. All kits no longer have kit parts. Instead they will be addtemplated to the soldier via random geometry code. The main benefit is they will remain on the soldier after death.
16. Added many more customization items to go with the new soldiers. Parrot and Monkey pets also ported. :D
17. Fixed StrategicAreas for all maps. Should help bots cap flags better.

If you like using prone, enjoy it while it lasts. The upcoming v2.5 update will completely remove prone. The big plus with this is that bots are more aggressive now since they can't prone and move around more often. They seem better at shooting at stuff too. :D

Also this mod does have better potential as a BFV mod. But at the moment the main reason I haven't really done it is that I have to redo the meme files since BFV's are different in layout and structure. Though the main menu meme file from BF42 does work in BFV with some minor bugs here and there. It's the loading screen meme file and the ingame one that would have to be redone and that's were most of my menu modding went into, so it would take awhile to get BFV's meme files figured out. Not something I want to do right now. :P
ImageImageImage
Herrmann

Post by Herrmann »

Great Job "Apache" thx.:-)
Hope "Moongamers" can re up a "Server" with the right Heroes 2.0, best it is in COOP.
hgklan.plusboard.de
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Fixed RPG reload animation as you can see at the end of the video. (plus you can shoot out tires now. :D )
ImageImageImage
Herrmann

Post by Herrmann »

crazy good job.-)
Believe me in BF 1942 is nothing impossible!
hgklan.plusboard.de