Getting Started: Using WinRFA to make patch files

Lots of cool and useful tips to mod either serverside or clientside
fo0k

Re: Getting Started: Using WinRFA to make patch files

Post by fo0k »

Have always been more client side here.

So a map with a collection of modular rooms, tunnels etc (as spawners) could be made and then completely changed by the server admin...
Surprised this is is not common (?) knowledge.
MegaloDon

Post by MegaloDon »

fo0k wrote:Have always been more client side here.

So a map with a collection of modular rooms, tunnels etc (as spawners) could be made and then completely changed by the server admin...
Surprised this is is not common (?) knowledge.
I don't think it will work with static objects. I just know that it works with vehicles (PCO's). It should be common knowledge but when I posted it years ago I was criticized and flamed for suggesting it, even though I proved that it worked.
Last edited by MegaloDon on Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Well I mean statics setup as spawners. Simple spawners objects without any physics.

Why would this be easy on one map and harder on another freddy?
freddy

Post by freddy »

Thats a good question, we have been running Coral Sea 24/7 for years in our server, so the most if not all modding iwe done is for that map, but when i put some of the code in for example Market Garden it crash and burn.

In Coral i can make the soldiers jump higher, make own engines (no network code ofcoarse) and it works flawless (own engines works in Iwo Jima to), but the same code in Market Gardet or Midway crash when join, And some other codes just acts differently.

The Coral map was a fan made map i think, i dont know if that can make the difference. Perhaps it work better if i move it from where it runs, gotta make a try.