Battlefield242 for BF1942...

A conversion of BF2 for 1942
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Apache Thunder

Battlefield242 for BF1942...

Post by Apache Thunder »

I finally finished uploading this mod and can now post it.

This mod brings several BF2 vehicles and maps to BF1942! I converted 6 or 7 BF2 vehicles and 10 BF2 trees for Highway Tampa, including a couple BF2 statics. (Helo pad and a couple buildings in Highway Tampa)

I didn't create this mod. Sting and Blacknife did. :P

But I fixed a ton of bugs and converted vehicles straight from BF2 to enhance the mod. This mod uses a lot of stuff from existing BF1942 mods, but it's the menu system that sets this mod apart from the rest. The HUD and menu look really dam close to how it looks in BF2 and I made a few tweaks (added a bit of transparency to ingame HUD to more closely match BF2 for example) to make it look even better. :D

I added one new map: Highway Tampa. The BF2 trees look really good on this map. :D

Check the readme included with the mod for full changelog.

Here's some videos I made of the mod:

Theatrical Preview: :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUWoDv6rrQ4

Older Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ijI1R9zwk

Vehicle Showcase: (6+ minute video showing ALL the BF2 vehicles that I converted to this mod. The UAV isn't shown because I forgot to record footage of it. :P )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tytM7GmOG64

Short Video showing off vehicle drop system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7xlHrsVbYo

UPDATE:

New version uploaded! This time as one file, so you don't have to worry about multipart installers anymore:

Version 1.5b:

BF242_v1_5b.rar

New version includes a few fixes. Faster supply drop UAV and a new map.

Please note that new file host renamed the file. But at the moment it's better then having to split it into parts!

This is the full installer. Please uninstall any previous version you might have prior to installing this for best results.

Hope you enjoy this mod. :D

Also note, that most conquest maps will crash when hosted on a multiplayer server for reasons I cannot find. It is not a debuggable crash sadly. But COOP should be more stable in multiplayer. SinglePlayer is 100% stable. :D

UPDATE:

Updated to version 1.5b which includes a few bug fixes and the new ragdoll death animations I have made. ;)

Now on a new file host that I have been using for my other mods and content and should be much better then the old ones which have stopped working. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Matchy

Re: Battlefield242 for BF1942...

Post by Matchy »

Colossal work!
Simple amazing...

Big shame about the conquest bug but that it.
Everything works well, The stuff that's imported from bf2 works beautifully you truly are a god of modding XD
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Thanks! You haven't seen nothin yet! Once my new internet gets installed I plan to upload the latest version which I finished awhile ago but didn't have time to upload. It will feature a faster supply drop UAV (as the old speed was way to slow), and the big update is the addition of another new map: Dalian Plant!

Dalian Plant looks great in DC, but the version I have for BF242 is a thousand times better because it will have BF2 vehicles in it! :D
ImageImageImage
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

Why the 5th files still corrupt damit :cry: :cry: :cry:
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Uploaded new version now that my new internet is ready:

This time as one file, so you don't have to worry about multipart installers anymore!:

Version 1.0b: (new file host courtesy of Matchy)

bf242_v1.0b.exe

Mirror:
BF242_v1.exe

New version includes a few fixes. Faster supply drop UAV and a new map to name a few.
ImageImageImage
Herrmann

Post by Herrmann »

The sounds in the play bind one, correctly well. The BF2 optics in weapons the menu pleases me also very well. Look by tanks soldier and stationary weapons the BF2.
The Choppers very good to fly, that like a love Virus.:-D

Have there questions too.
For what does the Artellerie stand there from BF2?
Would you like to bring it still in function?
Is it to be used possible the physician as like crude liver and medic kit distributor as with BF2?
Is it to be integrated possible the new Abrams A2?
You see inserting a chance a German unit with, in addition one would have "Operation Peacekeeper" Mod convert?
One could insert a Mod nevertheless to objective, by setting the firing artellerie except strength kan if one COMM other the shelter blows up? There very gladly the Special Forces would present, those to have an arm chest to me with which one on buildings to rope itself knows in the Sniper kit.
ARMORED FURY and EURO FORCES was good to convert BF1942 "242", then lot of people have problems with the f... activation, which dont works.Youll see it was install, but you cannot use, that s.. up.

With me the map is " Strike RK Karkland" with load to 70% fallen. Message BF1942.exe determined and must a problem be terminated.

"Oilfields Day 1" crashed too.
but the most of running very good, and the load times absolutly quick.:)

Yesterday the Server "Viper-6" have run this Mod, its running "STRIKE TO KARKLAND" but im cannot join in, was kicked, because i think to need a Hotfix File. 3 People have to play this.
hgklan.plusboard.de
Herrmann

Post by Herrmann »

Hi i wait for you feedback?
In the CHANGING MOD Center of the Gamspy Menu youll be bet the "superdc.com" website, but this no exist anymore???

BF2 Map wish/suggest
Kubra Dam
Mashtuur City
Operation Clean Sweep
Road to jalabad
Zatar Wetlands

BF Special Forces Maps suggest/wish.
Ghost Town
Irongator
Mass Destruction
Surge
Warlord

Weapon suggest/wish:

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

hgklan.plusboard.de
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

There area few things there I could port over if I found the time for it. Most of the handweapons and the vehicles. However a few things like the flashbang and the grappling hook won't port correctly because BF1942 doesn't have a mechanism that would make the grappling hook work in the way it does in BF2. The flashbang would also not work correctly as BF42 does not have the stun feature of BF2.

I might port few more things into BF242 like one or two more tanks and maybe a helo or two, but at the moment I have no further plans to port over handweapons or planes. Sorry.
ImageImageImage
Herrmann

Post by Herrmann »

Also a few update news in community one would know this Mod admits to make. Think times it despite that old from BF 1942 always still potential has. Stop is always connected with work, from which the Modden organizes and those plays and Events. Times could poisonous gas let work nevertheless like a flame thrower or? Thus could one circumvent the engine? Mmmh for the enterhaken have I unfortunately gerad no idea like one the BF1942 suited gets.
hgklan.plusboard.de
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

Laux, even though I know german quite well, it being my mother tongue, and therefore also the typical grammatical mistakes when translating, I have NO CLUE what the original of this post could have been before you let it run through google (or whatever crappy) translator. ^^

Laux, Buschhans, Herrmann, ... why use a different name everywhere anyway?