Battlefield242 for BF1942...

A conversion of BF2 for 1942
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Apache Thunder

Re: Battlefield242 for BF1942...

Post by Apache Thunder »

The Global Front Mod isn't dead quite yet. The mod's team leader has posted again and mentioned his hiatus is about to be over. It's just one of those mods where the workflow on getting new versions out is longer then most other mods right now since it's only one person managing all the new content the few other mod dev members are putting out. So it takes him some time to get that in plus test it and such. That and he has been busy with other stuff in his life, so he hadn't has as much time to work on it. So no the mod isn't dead! :P

The only reason my mods have been coming out so quick (back in the day when I was full throttle modding) was I simply had a ridiculous amount of free time to waste away working on this stuff. I'm not really that much better then the other great modders around here. I just had more free time to work on it all. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

I have Install BF 242 but it dont like to run on win 7 64 Bit?
BF Heroes 42 v4.0 works fine.
I wait for an able server to online playing this great stuff, which you have mod.:-)
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
BotHunter

Post by BotHunter »

THIS IS AMAZING! Can you post the Battlecraft files? :)
Walk quietly and carry a sniper rifle
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I never used BC on this mod. Thus never made the list files. I did make one once for my BFH'42 mod, but it's pretty out of date by now. I would recommend you try using Editor42, it doesn't require list files. All you need to do is unpack the RFAs into a directory and point ED42 to it and maps should show up correctly for the most part. :D
ImageImageImage
max2013

Post by max2013 »

This is really great work. When i saw this mod i coudnt beleve my eyes- artillery, uav, support all works, weapon damage is more realistik.
Is this mod dead ore people slill working on it? Where can i find offical link? (game.setCustomGameUrl "http://www.superdc.com/BF242") does not work. And whether made an addition special forces to this mod?
Thanks.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Well I'm no longer working on the mod. Many of the existing maps and features were made by the Sting and some of the SuperDC team from the now long defunct forum/site they used to have. I updated the mod and added features, ported some vehicles/maps from Battlefield 2, and fixed some of the crashes/bugs the mod had (though it still may have a few issues though like the mysterious random server CTDs which I'm unsure if that is completely fixed or not. Works great in singleplayer though. ;) ).

The only mod I'm currently working on for Battlefield 1942 now is my Battlefield Heroes'42 mod and I will soon release a final version of that mod. After that I'm not really planning on working on any of my old mods any more. I have map and a collaborative map project over with the IS82 mod forums and after that I'm mostly done with BF1942 modding unfortunately. :(

I did make a copy of the mod before I had done any modifications of it. I recall this being their last "official" build of the mod:

BF242_076a.rar

And this is the last version I released as seen on page 1 of this thread:

BF242_v1_5b.rar

My version of the mod is the only other alternate version of this mod (that I'm aware of). No Special Forces version sadly. Though there is a "Night Ops" map in BF242 already that sorta is like the night mode of some of the Special Forces maps from that expansion pack.

Though in my opinion, the "official" version is less stable and not as complete as mine. You'd be losing out on quite a bit of you stuck to the old official build. I left it up mainly for archiving/historical reasons seeing that the original site it came from is dead. ;)
ImageImageImage
max2013

Post by max2013 »

"I'm mostly done with BF1942 modding unfortunately. " its very sad, your moding is great. Thanks for anser. 1.5b is working, 0.76a is crashing. I was seaching the mod wich has russia side(modern war).
max2013

Post by max2013 »

And idea of command center(witch can supply army, call the artilery) is very god. it is a pity that in modifications about the second world war is not the same center.