Dalian Plant: DesertCombat Edition

Modern warfare for 1942
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Apache Thunder

Dalian Plant: DesertCombat Edition

Post by Apache Thunder »

I finished uploading Dalian Plant. This version of the map is for DC and is self contained.

Download Link: (download both parts to one location and extract)

DC_DalianPlant.exe

This map is completely self contained and does not require any changes to DesertCombat (hence the reason why the map is quite large). Just extract the RAR file to the levels folder of your DC mod! It's that simple. It's pimped out witha high res loading screen and has the vehicle drop system and the claymore from BF242. The claymore in this map uses my APMine system. ;)

A readme file is included with the map which details the features and known bugs for the map.

I tested the download links by downloading the archives and extracting them and they extracted fine. So unless Filefront's serverboxes explode or spontaneous combustion occurs at Filefront HQ, the files will work. :D

Here's a video to show off the map for those who haven't seen my work on it yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opMnd-oBrNY

Video is a bit outdated. The release you are getting has much better lightmaps. :D

Video also shows off the map in the BF242 mod. So the vehicles you see in the video will not be present in the release your getting today.

UPDATE:

New one part file!

DC_DalianPlant_Final.exe

This includes the vegetation fix.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
fo0k

Re: Dalian Plant: DesertCombat Edition

Post by fo0k »

gonna try this after a fresh install this weekend. pretty impressive work man to convert this stuff :)
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

UPDATE: Post updated with new one part installer!

Thanks. Though DACV gets the credit for doing the long hard work of converting all the BF2 statics in the map and placing them. He did not use the positions set in the BF2 map! He actually placed all the statics individualy in locations estimated by comparing it to renders of the map in the BF2Editor program! Now that's some hard work!

He made the map for his BFV mod. I did the work of converting it to BF42. I also added lightmaps, tweaked heightmap, and redid all the trees on the map and the wirefences. (new trees and wirefences will appear in the soon to be uploaded next version of the map)

The LHD2 aircraft carrier for the Coalition team is the sole object I converted from BF2 my self. It of coarse has custom lightmaps. :D

UPDATE:

v1.1 is out! And the map looks better then ever! Tweaked the settings for the tree leaves and re-exported all the trees with the proper trunk textures. Also corrected a few ambient sound bugs and added additional ambient sounds to some of the buildings.

Full changelog is mentioned in the installer. You do not need a previous version of this map to install this. It will automatically overwrite the old files. I included a blank patch file to overwrite the now outdated vegetation patch file so that users don't have to uninstall the old patch file.

Download Link: (UPDATE: New one part file!)

DC_DalianPlant_Final.exe
ImageImageImage
galileo126

Post by galileo126 »

Yo Apache Thunder -

I just got finished downloading and playing Dalian Plant. Wow! Great map - not only was it fun to play but man.... as far as modding goes, it's a fuckin' work of art! Excellent objects, man. Well done. Just thought I'd say thanks.

Galileo
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Thanks. But remember that most of the work was done by DACV. So 90% of the credit should go to him. :D

I added DC vehicles and lightmaps to the map (and ported it from BFV which DACV originally made the map for). Also note that a more stable version of the map will be in v3.3 of DC Unauthorized. It will also lag less for slower machines. ;)
ImageImageImage
=Vu= Viper-6

Post by =Vu= Viper-6 »

hey Apache Thunder . when DC Unauthorized 3.3 be out a lot of my guys at =Vu= love v 3.2 looking to get the download so we can play it. still good job on 3.2
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I was holding back on that version to try and finish a map I was going to make for it. But I haven't gotten around to finishing the map. So I do plan to release the DCU mod in it's current state soon hopefully. I'll check to make sure there is no major issues with the mod before I go to upload it.
ImageImageImage