Enbseries mod

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
fo0k

Enbseries mod

Post by fo0k »

Quite recent really - enbseries (bloom, motion blur etc) mod for Vietnam but almost certainy will work for 1942 as well

http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewt ... 91f#p10447
Apache Thunder

Re: Enbseries mod

Post by Apache Thunder »

Unfortunately all attempts to use that version results in CTD on map load. Debugger and retail EXE don't show any errors so it's a straight crash to desktop with error report dialog. I recall trying this on BF42 a while back. I think it's the way it hooks into BF1942 that is different then the older ones that causes problems. :(
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Awww.. Seemed like a safe bet at any rate.

Thanks for testin
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Yeah, hook has been changed. In any way, ENB never was much good for BF42. Aside the bloom not much was good to go. All the reflection stuff and similar just don't work or are very glitchy. I fiddled a lot with the settings back then. So basically it's a bloom-only mod. You could do some color post-processing as well, but not much use for that really. It's interesting, tweaking saturation and whatnot to make BF a bit more dramatic on some maps, but it's a bit of a hazzle.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Yeah the only feature I would have wanted to work was the better dynamic shadows it would have added. :(
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
freddy

Post by freddy »

Apache Thunder wrote:Yeah the only feature I would have wanted to work was the better dynamic shadows it would have added. :(
Perhaps one can do a request?
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Yeah gotta admit I was thinking about posting there to see if a shadow mod is, in any way whatsoever..possible. :D