BF42 server with 128 players?

freddy

Post by freddy »

Grabbi wrote:the BFserver Manager 2.01 (final) writes EACH time ServerSettings.con NEW before it starts the dedicated server with the max 64 value (32).
try set the affected files to write protected if you use BFserver Manager
Grabbi

Re: BF42 server with 128 players?

Post by Grabbi »

first thing I did

doesn t work, cause then the BFSM Server Manager shows a error popup and shuts down

Onliest way is to write an own server manager / admin tool or Tuia is able to modify the bfsm exe and unlock it
[url=bf1942://85.214.226.169:14567]Image[/url]
tuia

Post by tuia »

Yes, that's an annoying problem in BFServerManager. It has also another limitation, any player ID with a number greater than 64 can't be targeted with admin commands, like !kick .73. I found what to change in the code to solve that. However, I couldn't came up with a solution for the maximum players limit to 64 in BFSM.
freddy

Post by freddy »

try and put the "game.serverMaxPlayers" somewhere it reads "late" in the server files, it should overrun the bfmanager settings.

Grabbi wrote:first thing I did

doesn t work, cause then the BFSM Server Manager shows a error popup and shuts down

Onliest way is to write an own server manager / admin tool or Tuia is able to modify the bfsm exe and unlock it
edit: dropping it in the init.con file in the game.rfa seems to work, not the quickest way to change a value on but perhaps ok until there is a better solution.
tuia

Post by tuia »

Thank you, freddy!
freddy

Post by freddy »

this is a easier way to change values, by using this line in the game.rfa init.con

Code: Select all

run ../../mods/bf1942/maxplayers.con
then make the file "maxplayers.con" containing the game.serverMaxPlayers code and put it in servers directory /mods/bf1942

now values can be changed easily with notepad or edited on the fly over ftp.
exe

Post by exe »

Amazing! :o

Can someone please give me the steps on how to play coop with 127 bots on my local machine? I'm a noob at those server things. I downloaded the patched exe along with BFSM but couldn't raise the player count higher than 64. :?
freddy

Post by freddy »

exe wrote:Amazing! :o

Can someone please give me the steps on how to play coop with 127 bots on my local machine? I'm a noob at those server things. I downloaded the patched exe along with BFSM but couldn't raise the player count higher than 64. :?
sure :)
freddy wrote:try and put the "game.serverMaxPlayers" somewhere it reads "late" in the server files, it should overrun the bfmanager settings.

edit: dropping it in the init.con file in the game.rfa seems to work, not the quickest way to change a value on but perhaps ok until there is a better solution.
freddy wrote:this is a easier way to change values, by using this line in the game.rfa init.con

Code: Select all

run ../../mods/bf1942/maxplayers.con
then make the file "maxplayers.con" containing the game.serverMaxPlayers code and put it in servers directory /mods/bf1942

now values can be changed easily with notepad or edited on the fly over ftp.
and finally
freddy wrote:1: to get more bots in coop-mode open the file AIdefault.con in game.rfa and raise the value on "aiSettings.setMaxNBots"
exe

Post by exe »

Hmm I think I did all that and it still doesn't work. :(

Changing init.con:

Creating maxplayers.con:

Changing AIdefault.con:

Now it shows 128 players in the server list, but when I'm in the game it's still only 64 bots.
konikpolny

Post by konikpolny »

Very good job Tuis, and Freddy. Both of you are genius. I would like to know if it is possible to hack maximum size of map?