Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

The Battlefield Heroes conversion for BF1942 can be found here!
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Bonaparte

Re: Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

Post by Bonaparte »

Amazing stuff!
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Really impressive work you are putting up here :) . The lightwork is absolutely stunning compared to any other BF42 mod.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Thanks!

Here's a video of the final render of lightmaps for Riverside Rush Nights. New DDS format lightmaps with proper color light sources + new skybox mesh with animated clouds texture instead of using cloud mesh + new Fog color means that the atmosphere of this map has improved greatly. :P

Video of the final result:

:D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Having some fun in BF1942... :D
ImageImageImage
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Watch out. Boats are coming and it will be a blast. :D

Also shown is the still WIP map conversion of Perilous Port, the latest map to come to Battlefield Heroes. :D

EDIT:

Finished the wreck mesh for the Royal version of the boat. (not yet done alternate textures for it yet)

I even animated the flags to fall down while the front mast brakes in half. :D

:D

EDIT:

Here's a preview of what I've just started working on:

Very early WIP. Just got done redoing the terrain textures in Editor42. I haven't textured in roads yet like the original El Alamein terrain. After seeing that Wicked Wake is a resized version of Wake Island, (smaller by exactly half), I resized El Alamein to be half the size of the original. This is inline with how the BFH team has done their first and only map conversion.

I'm now in the slow tedious task of replacing all the vanilla statics with BFH ones. Things like the african bushes and barbwire will be removed completely as there is no BFH equivalent. I'm working on reproducing major landmarks mostly and will use creative freedom on the rest. Note that the minimap shows how I resized the terrain. I plan to make a new minimap using 3DS Max and will resize the combat area to 1024x1024 which will clip out the the outer portions of the minimap that currently show how the map tiles. :P

This is something I'm working on between lightmapping projects so don't expect this to be finished anytime soon. ;)
ImageImageImage
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

Your What Is Love fun video was really good lol

Great work on boats too..and EL ALAMEIN !! Ya, half size would be a good idea, large map it is..probably crazy either way with 63 bots =)
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Apache Thunder wrote:Image
Are those sandbags there so that when you create AI for the map, they will create a 'barrier' around the map in the Pathfinding files?

I remember trying to create good AI pathmaps for a map once, and I used objects such as sandbags to make a barrier around where I wanted the bots to go.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

No, those are just the vanilla objects I left in after the resize. They are only there to serve as a map of sorts of where I will be placing the BFH statics. They will eventually be removed piece by piece as I place more BFH statics on the map. ;)
ImageImageImage
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Here's a small preview of my WIP of the winter conversion of Perilous Port: (click to enlarge)

I've decided to make part of the water frozen and created a mesh that I'm modeling around the boats and bouys. Basically part of Perilous Port has frozen over and will be adding ice to the water near the port. Those screenshots are early renders of what it looks like right now. I am still refining the mesh and eventually it will be placed in the map as an object and will be solid and lightmapped like most other props on the map. It will be a unique feature of this mod. :D

(note that you may notice many buildings missing from the scene. This is just because the winter version of the houses aren't in the max scene. I made alternate versions of the houses that have Christmas lights on them. They aren't in the max scene but are visible ingame. So just ignore that. ;) )
ImageImageImage
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

Looking great as usual =)

Merry New Year !