BF1942 Demo Server Crashes

Jeronimo

Re: BF1942 Demo Server Crashes

Post by Jeronimo »

dierighty wrote:Jeronimo, which version of linux dedicated server is that in your link? I looked at the executable and the offsets are mis-aligned so it'll crash.
The one I used was from the 1.61 patch. I never ran or installed a BF42 on Linux, so I just took the latest bf1942_lnxded.static file I could find. The bytes you described were there, too.

MD5 is 0ecb5c9a3504a6376cb027bc1379c721, though :?

Anyway, it's good to have the patched file uploaded somewhere! Thank you very much again! You're awesome! :!:

edit: I checked the file you uploaded and there's a "90" at EDD1E ("10" in original) - you might have forgotten it in the instructions?
dierighty

Post by dierighty »

Ah shoots, you are right the last byte needs to be changed to a 90 or nop instruction, I did this in my patches for testing, but forgot to put it in my post.
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

Alright ;) A quick filecomp told me the rest of our two files is the same now.

So again, here are some links for the readily patched files:

Linux (based on RC2 v1.61):
http://yehty.netii.net/dyryty/bf1942_ln ... tch.tar.gz (compressed, 4,25 MB)
http://public.valkyrie-clan.com/BF42/bf ... static.exe (uncrompressed, 14,5 MB, remove .exe extension!)

Windows (v1.61):
http://public.valkyrie-clan.com/BF42/BF1942_w32ded.rar

So far I can approve that the Windows patch works! :)
freddy

Post by freddy »

Exellent! thanks alot for this :)
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Wonderful. Precompiled stuff makes it easier to spread it to the admins.

Again a great Kudos to you for fixing this. If we'd ever start a BF42 campaign server again, rest assured you'd be named in the ingame credits :) . That might be an idea for others well mabye. Give credit where credit is due. :)
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

That's why I think this patch should wear his name on it, like "v1.61 dierighty". Of course assuming this is ok for you. :)

BTW: Do we have an 'approve' for the Linux file?
tekk

Post by tekk »

Jeronimo wrote:That's why I think this patch should wear his name on it, like "v1.61 dierighty". Of course assuming this is ok for you. :)

BTW: Do we have an 'approve' for the Linux file?
Still waiting on the server host to grant FTP permissions to overwrite the existing file, Like I mentioned I will post once the server admin has it ready to test
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
tekk

Post by tekk »

We tested the linux RC2 patch and it works like a charm, verified ! Thanks a bunch dierighty
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
tekk

Post by tekk »

Well just got wind of another exploit to be released soon, Apparently its suppose to be worse than this recent one :roll:

Edit:
From the youtube channel
It worked for a few days but bloodmage figured out how to stop the exploit. I can still lock his server up with the fake player flood script. but I use many names on bf1942, too many to list. I go by SS Totenkoph though these days
Airnate

Post by Airnate »

On behalf of the 5th Marine Regiment, I just wanted to personally thank dierighty, Jeronimo and everyone else who had a part in fixing this exploit. Our server "[5th MR] Midway Only 24/7" is server modified with more planes, repair hanger, and numerous other small server side enhancements.

The Battlefield 1942 Community is small and it is our duty to come together and help each other out from the new server administrator to the more advanced.

With your permission we would like to host the patches on our website for years to come.

Keep up the great work. The 5th Marine Regiment thanks you!
http://www.5thmrc.com/