a sniper mod for bf2 1.0

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
lees921-nVts-

a sniper mod for bf2 1.0

Post by lees921-nVts- »

well basicly im new to the modding thing but am gradualy picking up on things as i go from various sites and info on the web.

my problem is this:

im working on making a basic ssm for a sniper only server. the version of bf2 we run is vanilla 1.0, i cannot find a bf editor to work with it so try and do everything using code only.

for this what i need is

1. no vehicles - i thought id worked this out and modded the 30 ish maps individualy and played them on my pc.. very cool very happy.

then learnt im a total noob and it wont work on a server. a friend of mine said "To remove vehicles from BF2 you have to add a variable constant to the map config setting max number of each vehicle type spawned to 0"..... how?, what?.
ive trawlled thru houndreds of forums and mailed many people for help in giving me advice on how i would do this but to no avail.

2. idealy make only sniper kit available but otherwise to make any weapon other then those carried by sniper to have no power.. i think ive worked this 1 out

if this is the bit i need to change-

ObjectTemplate.timeToLive CRD_NONE/0.5/0/0
ObjectTemplate.material 38
ObjectTemplate.minDamage 1
ObjectTemplate.damage 30

3. id like to change run sprint length and i think this would do it.. am i correct?

ObjectTemplate.SprintRecoverTime 0
ObjectTemplate.SprintDissipationTime 1000
ObjectTemplate.SprintLimit 0
ObjectTemplate.SprintLossAtJump 0

any help with this would be greatly apreciated. i realy am new to this and would like to help out in the clan im in by learning something that will help every1 not just me but members public and alike..

thank you in advance

Lee
fo0k

Re: a sniper mod for bf2 1.0

Post by fo0k »

Welcome to the site, lee.

Sadly I'm not the one who can help on this but there should be someone around here who can.
lees921-nVts-

Post by lees921-nVts- »

thank you mate so far the sites been a great learning tool even if its not given me exactly what im looking for. many things ive seen have actualy given me ideas for future work that id like to do.

thank you for your welcome and look forwad to any help given..

out of curiousity what is your area of expertise?

im allways willing to learn other things and anything you can point me to is allways greatly appreciated.

thanks again
lee
freddy

Post by freddy »

well i gave it a try once to mod bf2 but it was very different to what i am use to so gave up pretty quickly.

one of the things i managed to do was actually to get more then 1vehicle to spawn from the spawner using the line

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.MaxNrOfObjectSpawned 2
so yes it think it could be a good idea to try put that line in the spawners (and change it to 0 offcourse) i havent bf2 installed now so cant give more exact help
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

lees921-nVts- wrote:out of curiousity what is your area of expertise?
I'm good with bf42 scripting having had 8 ( :shock: ) years of it now but I am mainly all about making stuff look pretty. I would call myself an ED42 legend, particularly with racing/rally/stunt maps ;)

also have been part of the interstate 82 mod team since 1.8 and still like making the racing maps. currently discussing Rally Sport Challenge in a seperate thread which dice also developed on a very similar engine. BF42 is a surprisingly fun engine for racing style mods and this was lost a bit in BF2, it all got a bit clunky for my liking so we never really pushed development into a bf2mod, however there are still some guys working on ISnitro for BF2, i wouldnt really know the best site for BF2 modding, but would be nice if a few of those guys turned up here to help out. That said, there are some great brain cells around here full of general BF info.
lees921-nVts-

Post by lees921-nVts- »

thanks for the replies guys ive loads of tips and tricks from many sites its just gonna be 1 hell of a trial and error thing.
ill keep this thread updated when or if i get any help or even better make a breakthru on my own..

who knows in few yrs i might be able to help people here myself.

Lee
lees921-nVts-

Post by lees921-nVts- »

wow just relooked over your post freddy and that may well be the missing part of the puzzle im looking for..

ill update as soon as ive tried and tested it thnx man..
lees921-nVts-

Post by lees921-nVts- »

ok guys to update you on my progress.

everything i was trying to achieve i have accomplished....

thanks alot guys your site has been a great help and inspiration to my learning and hopefully will continue to help me as i move onto harder mods..

thnx freddie your code idea was correct..
lees921-nVts-

Post by lees921-nVts- »

update

sniper only server is a massive sucsess. its now 1 of our busiest servers and weve taken the mod onto another server a infantry only server..

theyre now wanting a airmaps server.. im loving this and learning fast thnx again guys