INTO SAIPAN - A true PROFESSIONAL MAP

the original unfouled game.
Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
dracolion

INTO SAIPAN - A true PROFESSIONAL MAP

Post by dracolion »

In a community of Argentina we managed to make a map in a community that has disappeared. We would like to share it with you to see that this was a work of many months where a team of designers and players made a map with all the technology that the game allowed us and compatible with the battlefield vanilla.

This map is called "INTO SAIPAN" You will see all the technology that we introduce on a map. This includes vehicles, sounds, setting, animations, destructible objects, structures that are destroyed, a true wonder that was never shared because our community disappeared. I hope you can enjoy it.

This map is a real artwork 8-)

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuqaRlffRf6RhZNFXl4iAvckKOjF-A
Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg
index.jpg
Last edited by dracolion on Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diamondback

Re: INTO SAIPAN - A true PROFESSIONAL MAP

Post by Diamondback »

Thanks for the post, I will be downloading the map now.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

This map is absolutely fantastic. I love the effort that was put into it, the custom objects, the ambient environmental effects, the new sounds, and the destroyable barrels. I haven't been able to look at this map thoroughly, but it looks superb. Good job, and thanks again for posting this. I'll make sure this map and the patch you made are backed up somewhere.
dracolion

Post by dracolion »

Diamondback wrote:This map is absolutely fantastic. I love the effort that was put into it, the custom objects, the ambient environmental effects, the new sounds, and the destroyable barrels. I haven't been able to look at this map thoroughly, but it looks superb. Good job, and thanks again for posting this. I'll make sure this map and the patch you made are backed up somewhere.

Thank you very much for your words to you personally and to your community. I tried to give this map to other sites like Moongamers and they really treated me like crap.

They erased my contribution without giving me many explanations. I'm still debating with the administrators and they respond with pride.

It's amazing how stupid people are. We were so few BF1942 players in the world, and they still didn't realize it.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

One question, was this map made for Forgotten Hope originally? And also, it would be nice to add COOP support eventually.

I will make sure that I play this map with my clan mates. Have you made other maps like this? This is high quality content.
al13326

Post by al13326 »

What I saw was several objects/vehicles present on the map are ripped from several mods like BattleGroup42 (Type 1 Ho-Ni I), Forgotten Hope (M4A1 Sherman and Type 95 Ha-Go for example) and Eve of Destruction (statics) to name a few.

@dracolion
Did you, or whoever made this map got permission from each mods to use their respective models and releasing the map (including some above mentioned objects/vehicles) to the public?
"My God, there were airplanes all over the sky, and most of them had red meatballs on their wings!"

1st Lt. James "Zeke" E. Swett; VMF-221, USMC
April 7, 1943
dracolion

Post by dracolion »

Diamondback wrote:One question, was this map made for Forgotten Hope originally? And also, it would be nice to add COOP support eventually.

I will make sure that I play this map with my clan mates. Have you made other maps like this? This is high quality content.
We have not made more maps like this because our community has died. A job of almost a year has been done, with backtesting, people have played tournaments and really enjoyed it. It has many things, secrets, strategies, passages, structures such as the main gate that is destroyed and can be repaired at the same time, but once they destroy it, it no longer appears.

You should try the map with many people. We do not have any problem if you want to make any changes or add bots.

This was a nonprofit job and only for the battlefield community.
dracolion

Post by dracolion »

al13326 wrote:What I saw was several objects/vehicles present on the map are ripped from several mods like BattleGroup42 (Type 1 Ho-Ni I), Forgotten Hope (M4A1 Sherman and Type 95 Ha-Go for example) and Eve of Destruction (statics) to name a few.

@dracolion
Did you, or whoever made this map got permission from each mods to use their respective models and releasing the map (including some above mentioned objects/vehicles) to the public?
Yes, we have imported models, textures, vegetation from many other mods, games, and we has created anothers things for ourselves.

I do not understand why your question is, it is a non-profit project like all the mods that came out at the time. People do it for people.
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Really good work from you. I think it doesn’t matter where you get your content. But it would be good to give them other developers to respect an entry into the changelog. If do you have more ideas for modern mapping feel free to do it.:) Please give them maps COOP support if do you can?
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
dracolion

Post by dracolion »

buschhans wrote:Really good work from you. I think it doesn’t matter where you get your content. But it would be good to give them other developers to respect an entry into the changelog. If do you have more ideas for modern mapping feel free to do it.:) Please give them maps COOP support if do you can?
We would love to put bots but as I said before, our team of designers has been lost over time. This map was designed 10 years ago.

I had the obligation that one day this map be made public, for people.

If anyone wants to collaborate you can edit the map and add bots. Feel free to do it without restrictions.