Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
motoko

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam

Post by motoko »

What do you all think of this? I personally hope it will be like BFV, and I am waiting for it.
fo0k

Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam

Post by fo0k »

Two words.

Mod Tools.

Until this arrives I cannot get my pants wet about Battlefield titles currently. ;)
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Ha, it looks like what BFV should have been.
motoko

Post by motoko »

fo0k wrote:Two words.

Mod Tools.

Until this arrives I cannot get my pants wet about Battlefield titles currently. ;)
Too bad there probably won't ever be mod tools. Those greedy bastards.......
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

I think they are coming.. A new community manager for battlefield has been appointed at Dice and part of the job spec was around supporting 'modding communities'.. and lets face it, thats not gonna be for anything prior to Bad Company these days. Perhaps BF3 I reckon... we get hands on the frostbite editor.
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

Unless they publish server files (which should already enable you to do SSM), I won't even try BC2. We had this privilege with bf1942 for 8 years, why step backwards now? The next thing is that there has to be a way to disable all kind of ranking system influences. I suppose these are made for all the people out there that play too weak and slow so their only chance to survive on the battlefield is to become server administrators and ban all better players from their servers... Now these can buy themselves all kind of additional crap or play for hours and hours just to be able to beat you at least once, because you have just started playing and see no sense in investing time or even money into this stupid ranking system hype. And that's it then... you play once and you'll never play again. :roll:

Ranking systems can be compared to cheating, I think. You invest time and sometimes money to have an advantage over other players, so you can feel and talk cool because of your so called "skill". To me, this is absolutely the same and both kinds of players I wouldn't want to play with in ANY battlefield series game, ever!
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

I hear ya with the ranking system...I've played cod:waw and MW2 on the xbox, and while its very different than BF, I prefer my Bf titles to be "rankless"; in that you don't have to unlock things. Now, if you're talking about a statistics tracking system, where maybe you gain ranks through playing time and that sort of thing...OK. I was so happy to hit 10th prestige lvl 65 in waw, and 10/70 in MW2...moreso MW2, because even the perks have challenges you need to unlock to get them "pro".

Then again, the most OP weapons are unlocked at the start anyways...lulz (MP40 in waw, FA MAS, scar in MW2).