First mod for bad company 2..

Until this forum becomes busy just include BF2, 2142 or BFV in the title
Nodbrother

Re: First mod for bad company 2..

Post by Nodbrother »

I am playing the game on a daily basis, and I am having a blast!

I rly can't see what you want to mod in bc2..... I mean, this forum is packed with lots of good stuff to make the old games better, more interesting. Bc2 has all of these things in it. What is there to mod..... Even if you would be able to mod some things, you will not be able to use that mod, cuz there are no server files. The reason there are no server files? Cheat Prevention. btw....doesn't Crysis run on frostbite engine? And doesn't that have an editor?
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Crysis uses a different engine I believe. They call it the Crysis engine.... :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Nodbrother

Post by Nodbrother »

:D
motoko

Post by motoko »

Nodbrother wrote: The reason there are no server files? Cheat Prevention.
Apparently that failed in the BETA.
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Yup, if you want a state of the art engine with EXCELLENT mod support, go for Cryengine 2. And I'm fairly positive that CryEngine 3 (currently in work for STALKER 2 and Crysis 2) will offer the same, only even more awesome. The Sandbox Editor is the most powerful and thought-through editor I've seen so far.

And Nod, say what? No need for mods for BC2? I can totally agree on that. But basically that's because the game is just such a huge pile of crap in MP that it simply is not worth any effort being put into it. While the SP campaign was "good" (no, not more), MP Is just horrid. I don't get why people would want to play a Call of Duty light. But then again, that's just my opinion and I'll return to having a blast with Battlegroup42.
Nodbrother

Post by Nodbrother »

lol, COD light..... just go youtube and do a search on "how not to be a noob".... bc2 wipes cod but
motoko

Post by motoko »

Nodbrother wrote:lol, COD light..... just go youtube and do a search on "how not to be a noob".... bc2 wipes cod but
InfinityWard killed it after 4, and the fact that all you get is spawnrapers and matyrdom noobs makes BFBC2 an easy win in my opinion. Besides, the main reason I play cod4 is because my clan does, and once I get some money I'll probably most likely be getting BFBC2.

BUT NO FRICKEN LEGS!!!
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Hello? you can't even go prone in BFBC2...that's so ultra-arcade...I don't get why FPS shooters get more and more simplified...In CoDMW2 you no longer can lean around corners, in BFBC2 you can't even go prone. That's so frickin ridiculous... :roll:
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Totally agree.. Problem is that the more 'casual gamer' friendly a game is, the more it will sell.
Nodbrother

Post by Nodbrother »

Listen guys, i am not going to get involved into a big discussion about the pro's and againsts of bc2. I will only say that, unlike any other game released in the battlefield series AFTER bf42, this battlefield-style-game has got that "battlefield feeling" again.

BFV came close, but the maps simply were too small.
BF2 vanilla blows; the game needed the mods to make something "juicy", and even that still did not do the trick, because the modding community was shackled and chained (more than in previous bf games).
2142? give me a break. What a hoax.
BFH: yet another time EA/DICE disappointed many of us by resetting the release date so many times, that it came online something like 10 months later.

And again, I am merely expressing my feelings.

And the fact that you can't prone ingame doesn't bother me a bit (and now I am really thinking hard not to insult a certain type of player) :Snipers should have never been introduced into any computer game. But that is a whole different discussion. Damn those feelings....

And yes, it is crystal clear that games are being simplified so that there will be a bigger market for it. That is something commercial, which makes it possible for you to buy a €40 to €50 game in stead of 2 to 3 times the cost, with a lot smaller market. It also gives us all the chance to play against someone who is 30, 40, 50, 60 or even 70 years old, in stead of going online, and getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours.

If you don't like the game, don't buy it. For me, it is worth it

Happy Gaming