New Tarawa Map

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
PizzatheHut

New Tarawa Map

Post by PizzatheHut »

I am in the process of small server-side mods, but am thinking about making a nice Tarawa map from scratch, or atleast only borrowing some basics from existing setups to build upon. What would be the first steps/tools to do this in the opinion of any experienced modders?
stark1942.lefora.com (173.170.68.85)
buschhans

Re: New Tarawa Map

Post by buschhans »

What do you think about a Tarawa map included a new play mode? "Rush Mode"? Best way for testing in real atmosphere.
New water animation and moving clouds? Or Tarawa by Rain or night? There are some good things what we can do to modify it. And there is maybe more, what i havent mention.;)
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
PizzatheHut

Post by PizzatheHut »

Yes, that would be very interesting I think. Are you part of a server team now and, if not, would you be interested?
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

PizzatheHut wrote:Yes, that would be very interesting I think. Are you part of a server team now and, if not, would you be interested?
Thank you for your offer, but i have some work to do for BF 1942.
I am Server Admin in a big active community.
I tested mods and i write news about it and send it to another communities.
And i play in my free time the active mods.
If you like i can test your remake Tarawa Map?
But Admin, i cannot be everywhere one.:-D
There is only one buschhans, not more.:-D
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

buschhans wrote:I am Server Admin in a big active community.
I tested mods and i write news about it and send it to another communities.
And you do a splendid job, too! o7
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
PizzatheHut

Post by PizzatheHut »

Well, I appreciate you guys taking the time to comment here and, I must say, I need your help. I am clearly in the presence of 2 modding greats. I am working on a 1942 revival plan and want to be a part of keeping the community alive, since I have been playing the game for 13 years. Swaffy, I am aware that you have experience modding music into the game and was wondering if you might give me some advice. I want to make the original Unreal Tournament soundtrack playing during the game with a different song for each map. My second request is perhaps the most important, buschhans, is my server even accessible?

1. Finding the server within the game in the general listing or by searching for 'stark'
2. Connecting to the server with CD
3. Connecting to the server with Origin
4. Downloading the free game file from the forum and connecting with it
5. Connecting to the server with a bogus key

If a brand new player downloads the free game file, I want to make sure that they could play the game with others. My final question is, do either of you know anyone who would be interested in being a part of a revival project to bring a new generation of players into the game? Thx guys for everything.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

To create background music that plays during a match:

- Download RAD Video Tools
- Find your audio file and select it in RAD Vid Tools
- Click "Bink it!" because you want to create a BIK file for that song
- Check the box "Compress Audio". Compress level can be 4, Convert-to-rate can be 11025, 22050, or 44100 (to follow Bf1942's 11k, 22k, and 44k audio) I normally use 44100, 16-bit with Mono. For menu music I do Stereo.
- Drop your BIK audio file into your mod's Music folder (Battlefield 1942/Mods/YOURMODNAME/Music)

- Open up your map's RFA file and go to bf1942/levels/MAPNAME/Menu/ and open up "init.con" file.
- Add the line at the bottom: game.setBackgroundMusic "music/YourAudioFile.bik"
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
vanceandthepinch

Post by vanceandthepinch »

Sounds like a pretty good idea, I'm interested to see how it looks in the end :)