Battlefield 2'42: Redux

A conversion of BF2 for 1942
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
buschhans

Re: Battlefield 2'42: Redux

Post by buschhans »

Very good, a news for me to present. I like this BF 2'42 content.
The Bunker with the office and the Light looks good, and outside the map around too.

But BF Heroes also with the new Japanese Cartoon colores.:-)
If more Houses open it were be more better.:-)
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Most of the house objects in BFH'42 are too small to really benefit from having an interior to explore. BF2 might have more that would benefit from this, but this would be a large undertaking and isn't something I am planning to do right now. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

If do you find a solution for, that would be nice.
Because the Houses Looking good. And its were be a personal special for this mod.
After the Wake 2007 BF 2 Release I was disappointed, because i cannot go in the house anymore.:(
The best Wake was in BF 1942 and in BF 1943.
BF 1943 what is never release for the PC.:-(
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Here's a video preview of Strike at Karkand:

Only thing left to do for this map is add TDM/CTF game modes.
ImageImageImage
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Fantastic.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Amazing i like that.:)
Its time for a DC official update, to bring all this good new maps and basic material together.
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Where i can find the server files for the dalian plant v2 map?:-)
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

You'll find the re-release version of Dalian Plant for DesertCombat in the DesertCombat section of the download section in this forum. ;)

But on to the topic on hand:

Been too busy with other things right now so haven't worked on BF242 mod in nearly a month. However I did finish Strike at Karkand and tied up all the loose ends in the mod, so there's nothing incomplete in it that I know of. So I went ahead and uploaded it as it stands now. It's only got 4 or 5 maps I think, but they look really good, so have fun! :D

Client Archive:

BF242_Redux_v1_client.rar

Server Archive (only for use on remote dedicated servers):

BF242_Redux_v1_ServerFiles.rar

Snippet of ReadMe file:
This mod features the following maps:

Dalian Plant

Midnight Sun

Operation Harvest

Operation Road Rage

Strike at Karkand

Features:

1. Commander UAV trailer for commander assets similar to BF2.
2. Full Bot support on all available maps.
3. Fixed more bugs that were present in original BF242 mod.
4. Stripped out unused assets. Old BF242 maps will NOT be compatible with this mod!
5. Ported new stationary weapons from BF2. Stationary TOW and Stinger weapons replace the old ones.
6. Wasp Carrier object (present on Dalian Plant) now have the Anti-Aircraft minigun and missle launchers present in BF2.
7. All maps now use DDS DXT1c format textures for lightmaps. This should improve game performance on low end graphics hardware.
8. Revamp of main menu to look more like BF2.
9. Rebuilt loading screen. Now looks more like BF2.
10.Replaced the "Ready" screen at the map's round start with a copy the loading screen. There is now no transition from the load screen
and the ready screen so it's even more like BF2's load screen system.
11.Menu mods to singleplayer menu enable more then 64 bots in Instant Battle mode.
No EXE hack required! Just set the slider to something above 400% to get more bots! (exe hack still required for more bots in multiplayer)
12.Replaced meshes on Anti-Tank handweapons. Now use the BF2 weapons with matching shell ejection effects.
13.Replaced all dropped kit geometries with those from BF2.
14.Mod uses Ragdoll animations. A couple animations were redone just for this mod.
15.Maps have CTF game mode. However note that currently the capture radio prompts are all in English currently as BF2 doesn't have them
localized in the MEC/China languages.
16.Made changes to ingame HUD including the ability to have more then 6 handweapons on a kit and a revamped minimap area.
17.Many other improvements/additions I can't recall at the time of writing this document. :D
:D
ImageImageImage
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Thank you my US Star.:-) I will check this cool mod.
I will hope there is a good working solution for the long Load time after gamespy disconnecting?
The basic BF 1942 works via Origin and CD fine. But the mods not.
Eve of Destruction need 7min for load in the map.
My experience in the game now after the Gamespy.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Yeah it appears Gamespy for BF1942 is finally died. (Menu freezes when I try to update server list)

So new profiles or new game installations will freeze the instant you try to navigate to the multiplayer menu. To solve this, you can either download the hacked EXE that uses alternate IP/addresses to replace GameSpy, or use this file I still have that will prevent freezes while in the multiplayer menu (as long as you don't attempt to update the list). It's not too out of date as I refreshed the list early this month before the GameSpy shutdown:

ServerList.dat

This file goes in the Mods/BF1942/Settings/Porfiles/[NAME OF YOUR CUSTOM PROFILE] folder.

This should prevent freezes during map loads and while viewing the server list. However hosting servers might still result in freezes. But singleplayer should be unaffected. I have not attempted to connect to any servers yet.

EDIT: Confirmed. I'm still able to connect to servers. They still report pings and I could connect and get ingame without any noticeable delay. As long as you have a working serverlist.dat file, multiplayer will work! Just don't touch that update/refresh button. ;)

Though as time passes the file will get further and further out of date and more servers will either not exist or their IPs will change rendering you unable to connect to them. The only long term solution is to get the updated EXE that was hacked to go to a different master server list.
ImageImageImage